Date published: 17-Oct-2016
- Provide technical solutions and manufacturability feedback on mold design or processes during development process.
- Support engineering and category teams during product development and commercialization by providing technical expertise regarding mold making process and mold construction.
- Drive and lead tooling engineering agendas locally and also across Asia.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in Nike Vietnam including categories for the initiatives and projects need tooling engineering support/expertise
- Initiate and drive the development of tooling best practices and communicate and lead the implementation process.
- Function as an owner of local tooling engineering training.
- Support and provide a resolutions in problem solving process in mass production for tooling engineering related issues
- Mentor and leverage local TE1’s tooling engineering skill set throughout regular meeting and day to day tooling engineering operation
- Continue identifying non-value added areas in mold making process and tools and lead the efforts on mold making process optimization to maximize the mold shop capacity and reduction of costs.
Requirements for the position include:
- 5 -8 years’ experience in CAD for creation of complex injection molds, compression molds.
- Experience in footwear molds will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Delcam products is a plus.
- Able to communicate well both in English and Vietnamese.
- Function effectively in a fast paced, multi project environment with extensive expert use of machining principles including accepted shop practices, methods, standards and techniques relating to design, machining, tooling, fixtures and prototype part production.
- Able to organize and lead the given tasks throughout collaboration with related Nike, factory and mold shop team independently and then to deliver the result within the given timeline