Share this job
Territory Director, Demand and Supply Management
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
About the Nike Demand and Supply Management team
The Nike Demand and Supply Management (DSM) Mission is to optimize demand and supply to serve consumers and drive profitable growth and inventory productivity for Nike and our Partners.
About the role
Nike Demand and Supply Management (DSM) believes that Consumer demand is Nike Demand and through an Integrated Business Planning framework supported by fast and responsive supply & real time integrated decisions will drive mutual profitable growth and inventory productivity for Nike and our Partners.
As our Territory DSM Director, you will play a pivotal role in leading and driving this DSM strategy in Territory.
You will lead, coach, drive and inspire a high performing team to live the values and display the behaviors of the Nike Maxims. You will have a relentless focus on team, working toward unleashing the potential in each team member, focusing on their on-going growth and development. You will be responsible to create the future of the function in Territory, inspiring and motivating the team to succeed.
You will be responsible for the E2E process of Planning from Marketplace Planning, covering Nike Direct (NDDC, NSO, NSP, NFS) and Multi-brand Wholesale Accounts to the Planning of Nike inventory, current and future seasons. You will be a key cross functional partner in the creation of all future plans, including being part of the annual budgeting process. You will responsible for all relevant reporting of key marketplace retail and wholesale metrics, ensuring the integrity of data reported representing “One version of the Truth”. You will interface with both internal and external stakeholders to drive cross functionally aligned consensus plan for the Territory, which is focused on consumer demand.
In this role you will have a strong understanding of the Nike business model and strong retail acumen so as to effectively influence key internal and external stakeholders to run the business and deliver business results.
To be effective you will possess a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively with executive leadership. You must represent an objective and collaborative voice, positively leading and influencing at all levels within the organization.
- Lead, coach and develop a highly functioning, winning team.
- Build strong working relations with x-functional teams within Pacific and within APLA, across other Territories and at WHQ Beaverton.
- Drive and deliver key KPI’s to create a healthy pull marketplace, focusing on Retail Sales and inventory growth, Marketplace Sell through %, Retail Inventory Weeks of Supply (WOS), Full Price Realization, Nike Inventory DSI.
- Integrate Consumer Demand Signals & Retail Plans with Key Stakeholders to Align on Strategy, Maximize Opportunities & Balance Risk.
- Work with the team to ensure all deliverables are all reasonably met on time and with accuracy.
- 10+ years’ experience in or Retail buying, planning and/or Sales with multi-dimensional retailer where core responsibilities included planning for retailers.
- Strong team leader with the ability to inspire and motivate direct, in direct and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to partner and influence in a matrix environment with multiple business functions with the ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Strong team player and ability to work with the cross-functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business.
- Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business.