Share this job
Sr. Sustainability Consultant
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
As a Sr. Sustainability Consultant, you will be responsible to engage with the Nike strategic manufacturing partners to identify capability building opportunities related with the company priorities for Sustainable* Manufacturing & Sourcing (SM&S); through continuous improvement and performance management, targeting productivity enhancement, resilience, workforce engagement, as well as environmental impact reduction.
Ensure that strategic suppliers fully understand Nike´s Code of Conduct & CLS (Code Leadership Standards). Elevate Nike Inc.´s business performance through new models of transparency, worker engagement and collaboration.
*(Sustainable = Lean, Green, Equitable & Empowered)
- 5 years´ experience as a Human Resource or similar specialist and/ or generalist. HR consulting experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree (Human Resources management, Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering, Industrial Relations or a related field).
- Demonstrated knowledge on Labor regulations, laws, management systems, regulatory agencies, trends and resources (besides, an interest in or knowledge of management systems including Lean Mfg, Six Sigma is a significant plus)
- Consulting experience is preferred
- Fluent in English (oral and written). Strategic effective and efficient communication; influence skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset and Consultancy Capability.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international – 25% to 50% of the time)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Contributes Special Expertise of technical/professional knowledge in Human Resources Management through consultancy.
Leading Performance KPI´s. Effective use and analysis to lead and drive change for continuous improvement.
Business Integration. Skills for engaging and working with multiple working groups.
Communicates effectively. Verbally and in writing -both English and Spanish- including meeting facilitation and presentations
Influencing skills. Able to interact and coach with a positive intent the leadership and management teams of strategic suppliers
Transformational Leadership. Champions and embraces change across the organization, and helps strategic suppliers managing transition while exhibiting flexibility and tolerance for ambiguity.
Able to work with strategic supplier´s associates at all levels: owners, managers, engineers, supervisors, Labor & Environment staff, etc.
Works effectively in teams and independently
Able to design training materials and deliver capability building sessions to contract factories.
Able to follow-up on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Values people (sensitivity) and trusts & respects others
- Seeks information to make good decisions and solve problems.