Sports Marketing Manager, Football
Tokyo , Japan, Japan
Date published: 8-Sep-2017
About the Sports Marketing team
Nike exists to innovate for athletes. Nike Sports Marketing professionals provide the vital linkage between the company and Nike-sponsored athletes, clubs and federations worldwide. Sports Marketing employees partner with premier athletes to collect insights about existing and future products, gather inspirational stories about sport and nurture long-term relationships between the athletes and the company. Our mission is to Seek, Sign & Serve the best portfolio of athletes, teams, federations, leagues & events for the Nike Brand in Japan as a person in charge of football.
About the role
Build a Sports Marketing strategy that is aligned with Global Sports Marketing and drives the execution of that strategy and stellar relationships both internally as well as externally in Japan with our resources and network. Be held accountable for securing the best SM portfolio and conduct negotiations and take calculated risks based on Global/Category SM Strategies. Ensuring Nike SM assets are fully integrated into the Nike Brand plans. Lead the team as Football Sports Marketing manager and develop the most influential team in Japan.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Sports Marketing plan for Japan that is consistent with Global Sports Marketing plans.
- Ensure Sports Marketing spend in Japan stays in-line with the development of the overall DC budget and revenue development.
- Encourage Japan Sports Marketing leads to identify key stakeholders in Japan to develop a Sports Marketing network that will put Nike in a position to be at the table for any key opportunities.
- Where necessary and relevant develop and maintain long-term relationships with athletes, clubs, and federations.
- Integrate our athletes & teams in all relevant marketing initiatives.
- Minimum of 5-year experience in Sports Marketing, federations and/or professional sports organizations.
- Superior Negotiation Skills.
- Assionate about Football and has competed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate plans across a complex matrix on a corporate regional and functional basis, including presenting before audiences of various sizes and cultures.
- Knowledge of footwear and/or apparel industry is preferred.
- PC literacy with Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Keynote is needed.
- Language requirement (e.g. Fluency in Japanese and English required. minimum TOEIC 800+)
Note to Recruitment Agencies: NIKE is not accepting candidate submissions from recruitment agencies NIKE does not have existing contracts with. NIKE will not be responsible for payment of recruitment fees for hiring of candidates whose resumes were submitted to NIKE employees or NIKE offices without NIKE’s prior permission.