Share this job
Senior Sales Manager
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the Account Sales team
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners in Japan — from a category specialty store to a general footwear store — Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike’s success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.
About the role
he nature of your work is focused on creating and servicing product demand: you are responsible for achieving an assigned sales quota by bringing in new and maintaining existing business, selling products to a defined set of accounts or
evelop and execute commercial strategies with accounts; including semi-annual account business plans and monthly revenue targets.
This role will require some travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
1. Drive business through
2. Develop, apply, and oversee the sales activities for the designated field sales team.
3. Be accountable for executing and analyzing business plans and performance targets.
4. Work with the product or category business groups to develop programs and processes to achieve revenue targets and strong brand positioning.
5. Manage the brand by executing and aligning brand initiatives that ensure strategic sales growth.
6. Work with sales management to develop, apply, and oversee the field sales strategy.
7. Create and implement business plans for achieving revenue growth and other financial targets. Lead and oversee the processor realistic and accurate scenario planning, forecasting, seasonal initiatives, business analysis, and new sales opportunities.
8. Work with accounts to redefine their business and strategy, and thereby elevate the marketplace and meet the needs of Japanese consumers.
1. Minimum 7 years of prior field sales management in the athletic industry and/or consumer products industry strongly preferred. Strong knowledge of the athletic industry both from product knowledge and marketplace trends.
2. Ability to engage and manage business discussion within top/senior management level (internal and external).
3. Ability and vision to provide 360-degree business solutions given the dynamic multi-brand retail scene.
4. Experience in successfully implementing various sales programs, policies, procedures, and methodologies.
5. Experience in utilizing financial decision making, models and translating results into business plans and accurate revenue forecasts.
6. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives. Able to influence both cross functionally and vertically within the organization.
7. Ability to think strategically and provides problem-solving solutions.
8. Fluency in Japanese and English required (minimum TOEIC 800+).