Share this job
Senior GL Accountant
Seoul, South Korea, South Korea
The Sr. General Ledger Accountant is accountable for the timely preparation of various journal entries and reconciliations of accounts with related schedules in accordance with Global accounting policy and SOX requirements. In addition, this individual performs various support functions as required as a part of the Revenue & Margin Accounting Team to manage Order-to-cash(‘O2C’) and Direct-Source-to-Pay(‘DS2P’) accounting and operational processes.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and yearly finance closing for judgmental reserves and reconciliation in accordance with Global accounting policy
- Perform in-depth analysis on return, defective, warranty to get the sense of current status and update assumption for judgmental reserve calculation.
- Perform SOX control activities for judgmental reserves, wholesale discount and cut-off of sales. (e.g. account reconciliation, IPE preparation, validation of actual return execution vs. approval, checking sales return plan, etc.).
- Implement proper accounting process to meet global accounting policy and ensure the existence and effectiveness of robust internal controls environment within O2C and DS2P accounting processes.
- Prepare statutory P&L forecast in accordance with Korea-GAAP and actual statutory P&L analysis for transfer price assessment
- Prepare reconciliation of sales between VAT billing and revenue manual adjustment for VAT tax return.
- Support of Transfer Documentation to prepare for KR local file.
- Over 7 years of work experience in Finance/Accounting
- Must have expertise in Accounting with experience of SAP FI-GL module and knowledge in USGAAP/K-GAAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skill with various stakeholders in Korean & English
- Team player with sincere integrity and can-do attitude
- Proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving skills with financial data
- Able to adjust to a fast-paced environment with varying deadlines