Share this job
Sales Planning Director
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the Nike Demand and Supply Management (DSM) Sales Planning team
The Nike Demand and Supply Management Sales Planning team creates financial and assortment plans with our Retail Partners to drive mutual sustainable profitable growth.
About the role
Nike DSM believes that Consumer demand is Nike Demand. As our Planning Director for our wholesale business, you'll play a significant role in supporting that vision. You’ll interface with both internal and external x-functional teams and play a significant role in driving the strategic growth for our wholesale business. You’ll lead a team whose primary accountability is to work with account teams and retailers to set the open to buy plans and depth of assortments against our seasonal selling calendar while managing in season opportunities and mitigating risk.
In this role you’ll have to develop a strong understanding of the Nike business model and go to market planning. You’ll need to bring retail industry experience with the ability to set financial plans and assortment depth direction with both internal and external teams. To be effective you’ll possess a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively with executive leadership. As a people manager your ability to set a vision and prioritize deliverables will be extremely important, while at the same time inspiring and motivating the team to succeed. Most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at Nike.
This role will require travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
- Lead, coach and develop a highly functioning team
- Build strong working relations with x-functional teams within Japan and WHQ Beaverton, Oregon based
- Drive long term revenue, margin and inventory goals through retail open to buy planning and work in season to hit agreed upon goals and mitigate risk.
- Work with the team to meet the dates and gates to build rolling driver-based retail sales plans, stock and sales, open to buy and net to gross plans
- Work with the teams to ensure assortment financial plans focus on the styles that matter most, driven by facts, and align to seasonal sales plans.
- Integrate Consumer Demand Signals & Retail Plans with Key Stakeholders to Align on Strategy, Maximize Opportunities & Balance Risk
- Collaborate within finance on financial models, consumer and product insights during our annual budgeting processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Sales, Fashion, Marketing or a related field. MBA preferred but not required.
- 10 years’ experience in or Retail buying, planning and/or Sales with multi-dimensional retailer where core responsibilities included planning for retailers.
- Strong team leader with the ability to inspire and motivate direct, in direct and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to partner and influence in a matrix environment with multiple business functions with the ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Strong team player and ability to work with the cross-functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business
- Comprehensive understanding of wholesale and retail metrics and how they are used across functions to deliver sustainable growth for both Nike and the dimensions of the Marketplace. Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business
- Language requirement (e.g. Fluency in Japanese and English required. Minimum TOEIC 850+).