Share this job
STORE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Kowloon Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- The position will be responsible for leading retail design, space development and execution for Nike stores across Hong Kong marketplace delivering premium brand statements and retail store excellence.
- Ensure that retail space meets product presentation and space development standards and is utilized in a way that maximizes profit potential.
- Direct, guide and manage external agencies, key business partners and internal stakeholders to develop Nike retail store projects requiring space planning and retail store design.
- Ensure the drawings and designs are completed on time and adhere to the established specifications and brand standards.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Passionate about design and space development.
- Pride yourself on the quality of work delivered and an obsession with details.
- Ability to manage, coach and develop a team of space management professionals.
- Schematic Design (SD): Partner with external agencies to develop store design and space planning.
- Design Development (DD): Concept and partner with external agencies to develop design documents to support design intent for all retail formats
- Responsible for the integrity and quality of CD sets inclusive of design intent, detailing, material palette, code requirements, scheduling and MEPs.
- Cross-check and validate SSR and due diligence reports with Geo Retail Program Managers
- Participate and present projects in schematic and design reviews (design intent, site analysis, consumer journey)
- Ensure that retail space meets product presentation and space development standards and is utilized in a way that maximizes profit potential
- Flag site-related feasibility issue to Geo Store Development Team where relevant and propose best possible design solution as needed.
- Support fixture program and design development, in partnership with Geo Retail Design Director, Geo Retail Program Management team and Geo Sourcing/Procurement Team
- Master material and finish specification review and management
- Brief and kickoff CD production to external designers and consultants
- Retail Design and experience design for high-touch, high profile doors
- Manage design hand-over process (handover to Execution Team)
- Manage CAD fixture block library, Nike CAD standard management
- Guide, mentor and inspire junior design & space development team
- Collaborate with Construction PM in construction drawing review and approval.
- Develop space management strategy for assigned stores and ensure that strategy is communicated to field leadership and other internal and external stakeholders and key business partners
- Maintain advanced knowledge of latest market trends and competitor offerings; make recommendations to keep space development strategy relevant to the current market and responsive to consumer needs
- Manage floorplan approval process including timelines, budget, and vendor relationships
- Monitor stores to assess effectiveness of space development strategy and identify opportunities for tactical adjustments
- Manage, select, coach and develop a team of space management professionals
- Manage employees and sets individual goals that link to departmental priorities
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture/Interior/Retail Design
- Minimum 8 years of design experience in the field or in a related area (store planning, retail merchandising, project management)
- Minimum 3 years of team management experience
- Minimum 3 years Project management experience (project tracking, liaison with external consultants)
- Experience in brand design, graphic design understanding or luxury brand exposure will be desirable.
- Advance CAD drafting using AutoCAD(5+yrs), Proficient to advanced Sketchup or 3D software and rendering.
- Proficient to advanced Adobe Creative Suite
- Practiced Interior Design & Human Factor principles (User-centric design)
- Experience in implementing professional CAD standard (title block, lineweight, layer-management, model space, paper space, block library etc.)
- Working knowledge of building/fire code
- Working knowledge of architecture detailing, material and finish specification, technical drawings
- Strong comprehension of construction concept
- Design Presentation – ability to communicate design intention via hand sketches and/or written decks
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills, fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin is a must
- Demonstrate strong design ownership
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skill, detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- In-tune to industry trends in retail environment, furniture and finishes
- Proactive, team player, agile
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Skilled in the visual, written and verbal communication of design issues; good people acumen and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity; effectively interface and develop internal partnerships