Share this job
Renewable Energy Deployment Director
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Renewable Energy Deployment Director
The Sustainable Manufacturing and Sourcing (SM&S) team is positioned as a strategic bridge between the Sustainable Business and Innovation (SB&I) and Global Sourcing and Manufacturing (GSM) groups.
Our SMS Energy team is responsible for creating and driving innovations in environmental performance to push energy productivity, renewable energy, and energy risk mitigation throughout our manufacturing supply chain. NIKE is committed to the positive impact of this work, and to unlocking business value for NIKE Inc. and its manufacturing partners.
As our Sustainable Manufacturing & Sourcing Renewable Energy (RE) Deployment Director you will be responsible for deploying the Renewable Energy portion of Nike's Energy and Carbon strategy. The RE Deployment Director will accelerate and scale both the adoption of renewable energy systems on contracted factory locations (with solar photovoltaic systems), as well as the procurement of renewable electricity through power purchase agreements with global governmental agencies. In some countries, both options for renewable energy are well developed and institutionalized; in others, the RE Director will bring some of the first renewable energy developments into the country. Accordingly, the RE Deployment Director position requires significant renewable energy experience across renewable energy technology and in working with developing countries with newly emerging renewable energy policy.
The position is located in Singapore, and reports into the Global Environmental Deployment Team.This role is a key link between head quarter vision / strategy and field execution at contract manufacturers. Such deployment drives improved business performance globally by supporting the scale of renewable energy systems across the Nike Inc contract factory base.
Responsibility includes all product engines and brands within the NIKE Inc. Our renewable energy strategy includes:
- Country and factory level renewable energy technology plans
- A global plan for RE asset development including technology, resource study, construction, contracting, financing, and O&M.
- Factory level technology, permitting, financing, and construction cost pro formas
- Leading Global Sourcing and Manufacturing efforts secure renewable energy supply for focus contracted factories.
- Lead SMS energy team efforts to provide prioritized and aligned Renewable Energy program communication and program deployment. Identify and focus team on key project and priorities.
- Serve as Renewable energy representative on leadership teams. Communicate energy program efforts across materials leadership.
You will also be responsible for supporting key program initiatives in support of the overall strategy; liaising with the various Nike Inc field teams on process improvements; reporting and managing the information and materials used to support best practices in the field. You will be responsible for deploying all aspects of the renewable energy strategy, including:
- Build communication strategy and materials for contracted factory leadership/ownership to create buy-in for renewable energy program
- Work with third party RE asset developer to obtain power purchase agreements from contracted factories
- Ensure all RE contracts have 100% traceability of renewable energy environmental benefits and are in alignment with global renewable energy standards
Where needed, you will work closely with our Sustainable Business and Innovation, Nike RE Steering Committee and Manufacturing Revolution partners to ensure they receive regular updates on critical programs being managed through the team. Communication will be a key aspect of the role, and will include:
- Creating a communication strategy and materials for creating Nike leadership buy-in for RE program deployment
- Providing ongoing updates to Nike HQ and Field leadership regarding status of RE program deployment
- Engaging with Nike comms and SBI to provide overview and materials for external communications
The RE Deployment Director role will also be responsible for coordinating and providing Nike’s governmental policy team with recommendations on how to engage relevant governmental authorities to drive policy updates and maintain visibility into policy changes that will enable the deployment of renewable energy systems and procurement opportunities.
- 10 years professional experience related to renewable energy strategy, renewable energy asset development, and renewable energy procurement policy.
- Previous experience developing renewable energy assets, including experience:
- Developing communication plans with governmental agencies related to renewable energy development
- Managing request for proposals for large scale renewable energy system deployment
- Interfacing with private equity, World Bank, and other sources of debt and equity finance
- Negotiating renewable energy asset development proposals.
- Securing renewable energy credit certificates associated with renewable energy generation
- Analyzing and communicating all aspects of renewable energy, including additionality, load balancing, storage, smart grid, feed in tariffs, carbon credits, carbon emissions reduction analytics, etc.
- 7 years project/program management experience, business case and KPI development and tracking
- experience delivering global or multiple regional projects
- experience with formal project management methodology.
Typical office environment, no special physical requirements, 10-20% travel.
- Bachelors Degree and minimum of 8 years directly relevant work and industry experience.
- Engineering education and background are preferred, industry experience required in lieu.
- Languages: English required, Mandarin desirable
- Note: One of the following alternatives may be accepted: PhD or Law + 4 yrs; Masters + 6 yrs