Share this job
Product Graphic Designer II
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact. Nike Express Lane enables NIKE to connect more quickly and authentically with our consumer. The Express Lane allows us to shorten the product creation timeline to a few weeks from concept to when a product hits stores. This is a competitive advantage as it allows us create product with flexibility and speed and ultimately better serve our consumer. We are looking for candidates who are flexible, entrepreneurial, and are hyper connected to our consumer. Express Lane is an incubator and catalyst for design and product talent to accelerate.
About the role
As our Product Graphic Designer II, you'll work under the direction of the Design Director, to create innovative, close to market trend relevant and retail-viable premium products and collections design options. Your focus is on Japan and Korea marketplace while obsessing relevant market trends and consumers in our top key cities: Tokyo and Seoul.
- Develop consumer-facing stories from concept to retail presentation which include graphics, design, market and lifestyle trend research that influence designs while staying aligned with Nike’s overarching Creative Direction.
- Create original, graphic and/or textile designs (repeats) that appropriately reflect Nike's design philosophy. Work with cross-functional groups such as Design, Product Marketing, Brand, Merchandising, Development, and Materials to ensure feasibility of designs, meeting price points, merchandising needs and product creation timelines.
- Provide appropriate documents and tech pack / schematics to Developers for the creation of separations, embroideries or trims.
- Present your concepts, execution and product details to your internal and cross-functional partners at key seasonal meetings. In addition, you'll review all samples to achieve marketable solutions and maintain production timelines and deadlines in order to ensure the timely completion of each product.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or Textiles
- 3-5 years' relevant experience in graphic product design
- 2 years' additional related experience in lieu of a degree
- Ability to apply and perform graphic design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing and scale, visual presentation development and layout that is supported by a portfolio of non-computer based creative art and graphic design
- Strong familiarity with current trends, color and design
- Working knowledge of Macintosh computer design applications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English