Share this job
Nike App Business Manager, Nike Direct
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the Nike Direct Digital Commerce team
As the Nike App Business Manager for Nike Direct in Japan, you'll work closely with the broader Nike Direct Digital Commerce team working to leverage our portfolio of Digital Services and Experiences as we strive to serve athletes* through a 1:1 consumer connection. You will work in close partnership with all groups within the Nike Direct Digital and Stores teams, and leverage a deep partnership with our Nike.com business team. In addition, this role will have interactions with various stakeholders within Nike’s World Headquarters location.
About the role
Nike is dedicated to providing a premium experience to our consumers and as the Business Manager of the Nike App you will play a critical role in ensuring this goal is achieved. The ideal candidate will possess extensive digital commerce experience along with strong operational and project management skills and the ability to work within a dynamic and complex matrix organization structure. To be effective you’ll possess a degree of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively across various levels of the organization. The right candidate is also a strong people manager and team player and will be comfortable with navigating the Nike matrix and working with multiple partners towards a common goal. As a people manager, your ability to set a vision and prioritize deliverables across a complex body of work will be extremely important. Most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at Nike. This role will require some travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
- Own/drive the programming and total consumer experience of the Nike App.
- Run the commercial platform’s Geo 365 offense, leading in-season read/react to respond to trends & opportunities with real-time relevance.
- Dotted-line management and coordination of cross-functional team, including dedicated Marketing, Analytics, Member Services; hardline management of Site Merch resources (where applicable).
- Monitor and manage to E2E KPI’s—New members, Conversion, Buying Members, Weekly Active Users, Annual Order Frequency, & Retention.
- Work with key stakeholders across the Nike matrix to identify and address consumer friction points, primarily working with teams whose focus is primarily serving our Nike Direct Digital Consumers.
- Partner with local and global NIKE team members to enhance consumer journey & localize the experience where applicable.
- Leverage and partner with the Global Digital center of excellence to ensure Nike Japan is aware, and influences, enhancements and UX changes.
- Bachelor's degree required (or additional 2 years of experience in lieu of a degree).
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on E-Commerce, preferably with experience focused on mobile and app experiences. Experience working in a global business environment preferred but not required.
- GM muscle: consumer & results orientation, market mgmt., strategic acumen & finance proficiency.
- Prior leadership responsibility in a core digital retail function (e.g. .Com Merch, Marketing, Biz Dev, other).
- Demonstrated knowledge of consumer-facing digital platforms & products. Capability of making sound business decisions and quickly understanding new information and situations.
- Strong presentation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including results packaging and development of management presentations required.
- Business level written and verbal communications skills in English and Japanese required. Language requirement (e.g. Fluency in Japanese and English required. Minimum TOEIC 800+.).