Share this job
NPI PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Nike Smart Systems Engineering envisions, builds, and commercializes the future of digitally enabled products that serve athletes. We are looking for an experienced NPI Program Director to join our Hong Kong based team. You will be responsible for leading a cross functional team across all aspects of new product development and product launch within Asia Operations while owning the interface between World Headquarters (WHQ) based Engineering and Operations. Your core responsibilities will include achieving goals for time to market, cost, quality and product availability. A successful NPI Program Director is a natural leader and facilitator; is driven, organized and detail oriented; excels in program/project management and thrives in an ambiguous environment.
In this role, you will be required to:
- Provide deep and expert level experience in Consumer Electronics manufacturing and operations leadership as part of an Asia based multi-disciplinary engineering based program team.
- Be the voice of Asia based Operations; connect, lead and influence across the Nike Matrix including WHQ Engineering, WHQ Operations, Footwear and Apparel
- Proven track record and expertise in core project management skills and schedule management, issue and risk management, meeting facilitation and status reporting.
- Lead and execute the operational side of development and qualification builds during NPI and MP ramp ensuring materials, equipment, fixtures, staffing, training and security are in place.
- Partner with contract manufacturers and vendors to develop, ramp and introduce products and sub-systems.
- Assess, analyze, consolidate and communicate status and risk clearly and succinctly, calling out key issues and presenting options to a multi-functional team.
- Draft, forecast, manage and optimize Operational budgets; drive efficiencies in the process to reduce operational expenses YoY.
- Drive and manage pricing and commercial negotiations with Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers for both FOB and NRE to hit or exceed business targets.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in Manufacturing, Operations and or NPI program management. PMP a plus
- Proven NPI, manufacturing and/or operational hardware program management leadership experience in high volume consumer electronics, fitness, or medical industry
- Proven history of engaging, negotiating with and developing contract manufacturers and suppliers
- Proactive self starter, solutions-orientation with a history of solving unique, complex problems that have a broad, inter-connected impact on the business
- Superior communication, troubleshooting, time-management, and analytical skills
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written required
- Mandarin speaker preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% of the time, both domestic and international
- Available for occasional late early morning or evening conference calls