Share this job
Materials Supply Chain
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
The 2 Supplier Excellence is responsible for elevating the performance of the localized tier 2 supply base and ensuring continuity in the supply chain.
Leverage product, functional, and technical knowledge to drive material and operational excellence at localized tier 2 suppliers and at Flex.
Provide functional technical expertise to identify and address product integrity issues. Employ Nike Lean and other tools to drive continuous improvement at tier 2 suppliers.
On-site technical representative for Nike to define standards and provide direction to tier 2 supplier to achieve Nike standard consistently.
Implement Nike standard processes and provide appropriate documentation. Conduct frequent audits to ensure compliance with Nike standard.
Serve as liaison with Advanced Manufacturing team to get ahead of any technical or material issues. Provide on-site technical expertise in chemical engineering and/or industrial engineering to ensure product and process compliance.
Experience and Skills:
- College degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or Masters Degree in Material Science
- Minimum 4 years apparel, equipment or footwear manufacturing, materials management or specialty materials procurement experience (chemicals, engineered fabrics etc.)
- Able to communicate well both in written and spoken English.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of tooling, basic chemical engineering and various footwear construction processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of apparel, equipment or footwear manufacturing machinery and processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of material properties, test methods and applications.
- Knowledge and experience of plastic injection molds, process and materials is a plus.
- Leather footwear experience with a good understanding of the development and manufacturing of leather footwear (leather handling and processing, pattern engineering, material properties) is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. Operate independently and in teams.
- 20-25% travel as needed to support engineering and production initiatives