Share this job
MANUFACTURING ENG MATERIALS MANAGER
Taipei City, Taipei, Taiwan
Role and responsibilities
- Acted as the “Technical Expert” in driving the development and optimization of manufacturing engineering materials. Involved in material data analysis, technical specifications and vendor performance.
- Leads cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and improve existing production processes, works closely with our supplier base in Taiwan and other locations in Asia.
- Leads team in defining and documenting procedures for all aspects of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Designs tests to establish and/or improve production processes. Oversees the execution and documentation of trial runs.
- Provide technical assistance and support internal teams and external suppliers.
- Advises junior level engineering employees in design modification, specification, purchase, installation, and validation of equipment and tooling.
- Bachelor’s degree holder in textile engineering or related fields in textile / manufacturing with minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong understand of textile formation, especially in knitting and weaving
- Knowledge of material types including knits, woven and non-woven
- Apparel product development process knowledge is required
- Able to handle negotiation, as well as influence and manage communications with suppliers
- Sensitivity to different cultures, customs and business practices
- Experience with third party vendor engagement, materials or related development projects is preferred
- Able to be assertive, self-motivated and work in a team environment; be open and willing to learn
- Strong communications skills in English and Mandarin
- Able to physically work in Taipei with a local Taiwan package
- Less than 10% travel