Share this job
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
About the Role
Drive bottom-line profitability through supporting efficient Inventory Planning and operational practices from pre-season buy risk management to post-season liquidation
- Forecast the inventory walk on country/component level for Sales Receipt & Inventory (SRI) process
- Track on key business metrics that may impact inventory health: Cancellations, Futures Ship Rate, Return To Vendors (RTV), etc.
- Review inventory holdings on a weekly basis, identify inventory issues and provide suggested workarounds
- Increase Inventory productivity by finding Early Price Reduction (EPR) opportunities for slow moving inventory.
- Provide weekly reporting broadcasting on all categories inventory visibility
- Weekly stock (ATP) broadcast to the SEAI team
- To work on reporting visibility (new or existing) to facilitate business needs
- Weekly read & react of business, recommend actions that maximize revenue, margin and inventory
- Ensure forecast accuracy and identify risk and opportunities to take necessary actions and ensure inventory productivity.
- Deliver on Inventory metrics.
- Maximize close out visibility through the Closed Loop Planning process.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure that our Nike Factory Stores (NFS) Business Plans, Financial forecast and Inventory Forecasts are aligned to our business objectives.
- Ensure Geo check points are being met for Inventory Operations and Planning.
- Provide any other related inventory support to other teams when necessary
- Support Latin America PO release & Proforma invoice creation process, ensure that we respond to them promptly within one working day.
- Provide analysis and performance management support SRI/IHR (Inventory Health Review)
- Assisting in forecasting and validating monthly landing inventory for the full year focused on in-transit and receiving inventory for total product engines.
- Operational support for Nike Inventory Xchange (NIX) – execute Stock transfers/ Diverts to ensure Inventory productivity & profitability.
- Support in the execution of NIX transactions and enhancement releases.
- Assist in creating close out supply forecast in Closed Loop Optimizer Offense (CLOO).
- Closed Loop Planning – Read & Act to changes in Supply & Demand signals
- Provide analysis to identify variances to prior month’s forecast and comparison to actuals.
- Deep dive the inventory risk and opportunity and define the action plan.
- Align the action plan with cross-functional teams & Monitor the progress of the actions.
- Weekly inventory Operations meeting to discuss business, risk & opportunities, and actions taken
- Inventory Operations/NFS meeting – participate to understand changes to demand/supply signals, gaps/excess requirements in NFS.
- Inventory Operations /Global Store Asia Hub (IO/GSAH) – Meeting with APLA global store team to understand the liquidation volume, R&O, business insights, discuss inventory priorities & support required.
- APLA IHR meetings – provide inventory results, insights, understand the APLA direction, expectations & requirements.
- IO/Operations meeting – provide inputs to logistics team on the country inventory levels, visibility to inventory volumes, discuss risk to capacity, block stock & other actions required.
Requirements of the position include -
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Operations or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Inventory Management, Forecasting, Buying, Planning or Supply chain background with other apparel / footwear wholesale organizations
- Comprehensive understanding of retail business
- Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business
- Ability to create monthly reports, inventory analysis and pre-meeting prep
- Experience in understanding of demand/supply trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred
- Strong and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications; proficiency in Excel including creating spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Experience in SAP, extracting reports from Cognos / Tableau reporting
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple business functions
- Strong team player and ability to work with the cross functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business