India Finance Controller
Bangalore , Kamataka, India
Date published: 7-Nov-2017
Job Title: India Financial Controller
Reports to: SEA&I Marketplace Controller
Department: SEA&I Controlling
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
We are looking for a Financial Controller who will be an integral member of the country leadership team. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of financial management, risk & compliance management, statutory & tax accounting and management, and team coaching and development.
(1) People Leadership
- Drive performance management and development of 5 finance professionals, by ensuring proper resource planning, coaching, development and performance management
- Provide oversight and direction to ensure work performed by the team is accurate, reliable and timely
- Develop influential and collaborative relationships across teams and functions
(2) Business Insights / Decision Support
- Support the delivery of SEA&I business results and KPIs with cross functional teamwork, integration and execution
- Provide thought leadership and decision-making support and analysis to enable sustainable business growth
- Partner closely with various enabling functions and business teams to assess new business processes or arrangements for any financial or controls impacts to ensure compliance with internal finance and accounting policies and procedures
(3) Business Excellence
- Drive and maintain integrity of the companies’ financial statements and compliance with US GAAP, IFRS, all local statutory and tax reporting and internal control
- Ensure that all statutory filing requirements are met, not limiting to direct & indirect taxes, legal, corporate governance and regulations include dealing with Custom & Tax authorities
- Partner actively with peer finance functions to support overall finance goals such as timely and error-free finance closings, clean statutory audits, strong internal controls and SOX test results
- Support cross-functional initiatives and process improvement projects
- 8-10 years’ experience with the Big 4 and large MNCs, with experience in the retail industry being a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience leading and managing teams with a demonstrated ability to build and develop the team
- A Bachelor degree in Accounting or Commerce. CPA or equivalent professional qualification is mandatory.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, such as US GAAP or IFRS, and internal control principles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and strong business acumen, with ability to translate business requirements into financial risks and controls.
- Ability to influence and communicate finance-related topics to a broad and diverse stakeholder group
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-cultural business partners/stakeholders, and work effectively within cross-functional teams
- Experience in ERP systems, SAP experience desired