Share this job
HR & Operations Manager - Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand, Thailand
Nike (Global Sourcing & Manufacturing)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change.
As the Human Resources Manager for Nike Thailand, you’ll provide human resources leadership, expertise and consulting to business leaders and key partners – in Sourcing & Manufacturing, Nike Brand and Nike Direct - to maximize organization effectiveness and help activate the organization for growth. This job is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
You will play a key role in executing strategies and interventions requiring organizational design, employee relations, leadership and team development, change management, performance management, compliance and overall engagement.
- Partner with two HRBP Directors (for Nike Sourcing & Manufacturing and Brand) to drive key HR initiatives and interventions, including talent management and change management activities.
- Support and coach leaders and managers at different levels on team and talent matters; utilizing a variety of communication and development methods.
- Ensure HR policies, procedures and reporting are compliant with local laws; recommend amendments to human resources policies to meet organizational needs.
- Partner with business leaders to leverage culture to engage and energize employees.
- Understand the retail business priorities and deliver a full spectrum of HR programs and services to our stores to build commitment, capability, and overall engagement among individuals and teams.
- Ensure you have a strong presence in the territory that yields an “insider’s pulse” on strengths, opportunities, and the overall health of the organization.
- Leverage the regional HR COEs to deliver solutions ensuring the best possible employee experiences are provided. Contribute information and analysis.
- Work alongside Employee Relations and HR-Shared Service teams to resolve employee queries and issues as appropriate.
- Track and monitor the functional headcount and wage cost; offer insights and feedback to HRBP Director and functional leaders on proactive solutions. Steward data accuracy.
- Partner with Finance to manage office operations including contracts for Building and services (e.g. office insurance and equipment), office supplies, building access permits, car park allocations, Driver schedules/arrangements, and Nike Travel.
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Obsess the consumer, have strong business acumen, and be results driven
- Possess a working knowledge of manufacturing and retail — how the businesses operate and the realities of bringing programs and processes to life in these different environments
- Know how to establish credibility quickly, effectively build and manage interpersonal relationships, and demonstrate accountability at all levels
- Understand how to drive results in a matrixed environment and demonstrate comfort with ambiguity
- Possess expertise in agility and problem-solving based on quantitative and qualitative data
- Have passion for and comfort in excellent written and spoken communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Be a great listener and negotiator
- Be cool under pressure — composure and professional maturity are table stakes
- Be collaborative, creative, curious and fun to work with
- Lead with a growth mindset and have a strong desire for continuous improvement
- At least 6 years HR experience with around 3 years’ experience at Manager level
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources from an accredited institution, or related degree with strong academic achievement.
- Working knowledge of Thailand Labor Laws required
- HR Generalist experience with a strong understanding of talent management best practice, talent programs, HR operations and HR planning
- Absolute fluency in English and Thai required for this role