Share this job
Footwear Industrial Engineer
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
The Industrial Engineer is responsible of the development, design, and implementation of automated manufacturing lines or systems.
- Lead and develop, design, and implement automated manufacturing lines /systems.
- Develop assembly processes, design/develop automated equipment and processes layouts, design/develop fixtures & tooling for a variety of assembly tasks for manufacturing.
- Implement industrial automation, new product launches, and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Evaluate the manufacturability of products, develop appropriate assembly processes, and plan appropriate tools/fixtures/gauges to achieve assembly cost targets.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- Fluent in English: written and verbal
- 5 years minimum experience required, (5-10 years preferred) in Process Engineering specifically around developing new manufacturing processes (scientific method, root cause analysis, design of experiments, statistical methods, forced failure - development of process operating range)
- Experience in the application of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methods
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Hands on experience in a manufacturing environment
- Effective project and resource management experience with a proactive approach to team specific issues
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects at one time and prioritize work according to potential impact Proficient problem solver with an innate ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time