Finance Manager, Revenue and Gross Margin Marketplace Management
Tokyo , Japan, Japan
Date published: 5-Apr-2017
About the Finance team
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike's business portfolio offer more potential than ever.
Nike employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage planning, accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments and other treasury activities.
They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
About the role
At Nike we see our Finance function as a source of competitive advantage. As Finance Manager for Revenue and Gross Margin Marketplace Management you'll play a significant role in supporting our broader Nike growth vision. You'll interface directly with executive leadership and the business planning function to develop a deep understanding of our marketplace long-term vision and strategy. You'll lead a team who primary accountability will be to identify and evaluate Revenue and Gross Margin opportunities to drive consumer led growth, profitability and deliver a healthy marketplace.
In this role, you'll have to develop a strong understanding of our core financial, strategic and operating model as well as Nike's category game plan. You'll need to bring extensive financial modeling experience and a natural curiosity to explore and solve problems that have not been addressed before. To be effective you'll possess a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively with executive leadership. As a people manager your ability to set a vision and prioritize deliverables across a complex body of work will be extremely important. Most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to drive growth, influence decisions and lead our Nike priorities.
This role will require some travel to Nike World Headquarters in Portland, Oregon, USA.
1. Strategic though partner: develop guardrails to ensure profitability while fostering an entrepreneurial environment and ensuring alignment with marketplace priorities.
2. Business partner: build revenue and gross margin plans with clear visibility around product demand, price and cost analysis and marketplace opportunities.
3. Cross-functional: provide visibility and communication to geography, CFO, CEO, Sales and Merchandising teams.
4. Analysis: develop near and long term marketplace plans aligned to consumer supply and demand.
5. Performance management: lead forecasting, risk and opportunities evaluation and scenario plans to meet financial objectives.Requirements
1. Bachelors' degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or closely related field. MBA preferred.
2. Minimum 5 years' experience ata Fortune 500 consumer product or other multi-national firm with a focus on finance, corporate strategy and/or portfolio management.
3. Demonstrated strategic problem solving skills and experience working with complex financial models and strategic messaging.
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate and present to senior management and executive leadership.
5. Superior attention to detail in the development of quality presentations, reporting and analytics. Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
6. Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
7. Fluency in both Japanese and English (minimum TOEIC 800+) required.