Share this job
Finance Manager, Nike Retail Business Planning
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the role
At Nike we see Nike Direct Business Planning as a source of competitive advantage. As our Finance Manager, Nike Direct Business Planning for Nike Japan, you'll play a significant role in developing a deep understanding of the drivers of Nike Direct Revenue, Gross Margin and Expense Management to optimize profitability. Your primary accountability will be to plan and evaluate drivers of growth to create value within Nike Direct and for total Nike Japan.
In this role you will develop a strong understanding of our Nike Direct financial and operating model. You’ll need to bring extensive financial modeling experience and a natural curiosity to explore and solve problems that haven’t been addressed before. To be effective, you’ll possess a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively with leadership. You will need to strategically plan for the future, build financial scenarios, analyze results and explain variances. You will need to prioritize deliverables across complex bodies of work in a timely manner. And most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at Nike. This role will require some travel.
- Lead strategic growth strategies to drive Market Share and expand Gross Margins with Nike Direct.
- Lead the planning and forecast process for Nike Direct lines of business.
- Evaluate financial risks and opportunities and communicate effectively to Leadership.
- Partner closely with the business and other planning functions to drive results.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field with emphasis in finance or accounting (MBA from reputable program a plus).
- 7+ years of experience in financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, and/or budgeting/forecasting.
- Experience working for a Fortune 500/multinational consumer products company is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and build robust financial models.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Language requirement (e.g. Fluency in Japanese and English required. Minimum TOEIC 800+.).
Note to Recruitment Agencies: NIKE is not accepting candidate submissions from recruitment agencies NIKE does not have existing contracts with. NIKE will not be responsible for payment of recruitment fees for hiring of candidates whose resumes were submitted to NIKE employees or NIKE offices without NIKE’s prior permission.