Share this job
Nike has embraced big data technologies to enable data-driven decisions. We’re looking to expand our Data Engineering team to keep pace. As a Data Engineering Manager, you will work with a variety of talented Nike teammates and be a driving force for building first-class solutions for Nike Technology and its business partners, working on development projects related to supply chain, commerce, consumer behavior and web analytics among others.
Your work will be highly impactful. We have a small team which equals big impact. We have organized our team for speed and autonomy but backed by world class resources.
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around high-volume data processing.
- Set the technical direction and drive engineering excellence across the team.
- Oversee and complete migration of legacy processes to a shared scalable data infrastructure.
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using tools and languages prevalent in the big data ecosystem
- Drive a culture of collaborative reviews of designs, code and test plans
- Work with architecture engineering leads to ensure quality solutions are implemented and engineering best practices adhered to
- Utilize and advance continuous integration and deployment frameworks
- Troubleshoot complex data issues and perform root cause analysis
- Identify and remove technical bottlenecks for your engineering squad
Who you are:
- A data engineer with SDE chops. Strong programming experience in Python or Scala preferred
- Experience building and shipping data production pipelines sourcing data from a diverse array of sources.
- Extensive experience with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Airflow etc.
- Extensive experience with big data processing within cloud environments such AWS or Azure
- Deep understanding of measuring and ensuring data quality at scale and the required tooling to monitor and optimize the performance of our data pipelines.
- Exceptional at defining plans and goals and executing on them
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with team members and business stakeholders
- MS/BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Strong experience in creating a dev ops culture for data engineering
- 3+ years of big data experience
- 3 + years as a team lead or manager position providing mentorship to engineers
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.