Share this job
ER Specialist (6-month contractor)
Shanghai, China, China
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of approved organization-wide employee relations policies and practices. Conducts internal audits of employee relations issues to identify possible violations and makes recommendations of appropriate actions to resolve issues. Conductsgrievance procedures, facilitates counseling sessions, and internal investigations.
- Assess ER-related matters and resolve or escalate as outlined in the escalation matrix.
- Provides other HR professionals, business managers and employees consultative services with regard to routine, non-complex policy interpretation questions; provide business managers guidance into conducting fact findings into allegations of routine, non-complex policy violations; provide related consultative services to business managers.
- Advises management and employees in routine, non-complex corrective action, including final warning and termination situations.
- Counsels business managers and employees on routine, non-complex medical/sickness leave matters.
- Where legislation/unions exist, provides guidance in interpretation of routine, non-complex questions regarding labor relations obligations and agreements.
- Some experience in an HR discipline, employee or labor relations preferred.
- Experience operating basic office devices, including voice and case management systems.
- Effectively and professionally communicates with others in high-stress situations; ability to also communicate with others in remote locations.
- Summarizes relevant facts in a concise, objective manner.
- Assesses situations and identify appropriate responses effectively and efficiently.
- Adopts and exemplifies a consultative style and approach.