Share this job
Director of Construction Program Management Greater China and AP
Shanghai, China, China
With aggressive long-term growth targets, Nike Inc.’s continued success hinges on new product innovations, operational excellence and fostering a workplace that can unleash the creativity and potential of all employees and our brand. Workplace Design and Connectivity (WD+C) is responsible to lead the transformation of the Nike workplace experience through a focus on the built physical space, services and connectivity solutions.
The WD+C team will leverage systems, design thinking, and key partnerships across the Nike matrix and the industry to bring Nike to the forefront of new ways of working. WD+C will serve as an enterprise catalyst under the COO, helping to drive change, strengthen its global operations and accelerate progress toward Nike’s strategic objectives and in support of the Consumer Direct Offense.
Given Nike’s rapid growth, WD+C already face tremendous pressure to meet increased demand and improve services and infrastructure globally. There is a pressing need to challenge assumptions, innovate new solutions and elevate design excellence across the WD+C organization, and the portfolio of Nike facilities worldwide.
Overview of WD+C ASIA PACIFIC and Greater China
The WD+C ASIA PACIFIC / Greater China Construction Director will be responsible to develop, manage, execute and deliver construction projects and will be required to oversee and manage complex construction projects through project management partnerships. Candidates to have exceptional construction program management, scope, schedule and budget knowledge, along with strong executive communication and relationship skills. Working in a matrixed organization, the Global Construction Program Management organization is a Center of Excellence (COE) function responsible for construction programs of Nike’s Non-Retail Global Real Estate portfolio. The Asia Pacific and Greater China portfolio consists of 120 owned and leased properties totaling 4.7 million square feet of space.
In partnership with WD+C GEO General Managers and WD+C Sr. Director Construction Program Management COE, the Asia Pacific/Greater China Construction Director will establish WD+C as a key global influencer to realize Nike’s innovation and growth objectives through the built environment. Developing and maintaining relationships with Nike Inc. senior leaders is key to the success of this role through the proactive delivery and implementation of fit for purpose, exciting business work environments.
The WD+C ASIA PACIFIC Construction Director will report to the WD+C Sr. Director Global Construction Program Management with a dotted line reporting into the WD+C GEO General Managers. The role will be based in Shanghai, China at Nike’s Greater China Headquarters with travel approximately 30% of the time.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Leads complex capital programs and projects to achieve milestones and objectives for Nike business in Greater China and Asia market Geos.
- Develops strategy and action plans for large scale end-to-end program execution.
- Plans and manages implementation of all aspects of the projects/programs including planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, risk management, forecasting and cost control.
- Ability to understand business strategy and work with Design and Space and Occupancy Management to translate strategy into space and service requirements, while maintaining WD+C standards
- Ensures program is aligned with Nike WD+C business strategies and budgets.
- Establishes and maintains cross functional coordination of the program team (including Design, Space Planning, Brand, Transition / Change Management, Project Communications, Move management, Commissioning and Decommissioning of space etc.
- Takes the ownership to ensure vendor contracts, relationships, performance and communications are well written and managed.
- Maintains ultimate responsibility regarding program objectives, operating within financial and resource constraints.
- Manages project dependencies within the program and builds the program team, including stakeholder management.
- Ensures proper project management including the on-boarding and management of third party project management partners and overall staffing for all projects within the program.
- Helps develop project objectives and has ultimate responsibility of project scope, schedule and budget with key partners
- Supports the creation of the program business case and approvals
- Works closely with Design and IWS (facilities) to understand and aid in the development and delivery of the user experience.
- Acts as an escalation point for project issues that impact projects’ scope, cost, schedule and/or performance.
- Manages stakeholder relationship diplomatically and assertively to progress the programs.
- Chairs key program meetings with internal partners (Nike Tech, procurement, legal, security, etc.) and with business partners.
- Responsible to ensure the WD+C global standards and delivery framework is adhered to on all projects.
- Responsible for overseeing regular project and financial/budget reporting and meetings
Business Expertise & Minimum Requirements
- Has expertise in Construction and Real Estate Project/Program Management
- Demonstrated experience managing a portfolio of multi-million dollar projects of varying scope and complexity within a matrix organization
- Strong presentation and stakeholder management skills.
- Anticipates internal and external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements
- Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the program
- Contributes to the development of functional strategy
- Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
- Manages budgets for large projects or significant programs
- Has developed breadth and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Develops innovative services, processes or tools that address current and future problems or needs
- Presents complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and influences others to build consensus
- Makes decisions within organization and program guidelines
Minimum Requirements - Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 8 to 10 years directly relevant work experience, ability to travel as required and support activities in regions. Highly developed communication skills in verbal, written and graphic communication. Knowledge and familiarity with Office and Project Management (including cloud based) tools. Mandarin, Korean and other Asian language skills an advantage.
Key Capabilities (beyond minimum requirements for E Band / EXPERT PROFESSIONAL)
Specific Work Experience.
10 years of professional experience 7 years project/program management experience delivering global or multiple regional projects experience with formal project management methodology.