Share this job
Director, Performance Media
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the Integrated Media team
The goal of integrated media team is to maximize brand share of voice and drive traffic / revenue for our Nike Direct Digital Commerce (NDDC) businesses. Based on marketing strategy, deliver one seamless consumer journey by integrating brand media with commerce media. Always seek for innovative ideas to build the Nike brand while collaborating with agencies and other marketing functions in addition to planning and executing all media channels effectively to hit marketing KPI’s and the NDDC business goals.
About the role
As Director of Performance Media, you will be responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction and input for performance media planning and execution. You'll enable our business to serve our digital consumers, reach and exceed financial goals and build the Nike brand by driving traffic, revenue and maximizing efficiency in digital marketing channels for Nike.com. You'll help define and execute the overall digital performance marketing strategy in addition to working closely with the Brand media director to make one seamless journey for our consumers.
1. Lead team to develop expansion and growth strategy for key marketing channels including paid search, natural search, affiliates, online media and social media.
2. Plan annual budget for each media channel based on the NDDC business and strategy. Optimize budget allocation by overseeing the cross-channel performance on a constant basis.
3. Review agency/vendor performance and give feedback to improve their performance. Build solid agency structure to deliver the best result to Nike.
4. Partner with the Brand Media Director to integrate brand and commerce by providing one seamless journey to consumers.
5. Closely work with the analytics team and agency to deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to draw insights, help the team identify optimization tactics and adjust strategy.
6. Expand revenue through e-commerce related apps like SNKRS to acquire downloads and grow membership.Requirements
1. University degree in Business, Analytical, Marketing, Economics, IT or Engineering.
2. Minimum six years' experience in digital/online marketing; strong background in e-commerce required. Must bring an understanding of the Japan digital landscape, trends and consumer mindset.
3. Strategic thinker who drives thought leadership with a clear POV and the ability to craft presentations that ignite and innovate the business.
4. At least 3 years managerial experience overseeing a team of employees at a media agency, consumer products/retail, or tech company.
5. Strong understanding of Digital marketing across key channels including Paid Search, Email, Affiliates, SEO, Display Media and Social in an e-commerce setting required along with strong analytical skills and comfort with getting your 'hands dirty' diving deep into the numbers. Proven capability to use data to drive business decisions and marketing optimization required. Strong understanding of web analytics, best practices and available data relevant to marketing optimization required.
6. Previous experience with managing budgets and having a proven record of demonstrating strong return on investment is ideal. Familiarity with managing and optimizing Digital marketing channels to differentiate between acquisition and retention activities, minimizing cost per customer acquired while executing strategies to maximize customer lifetime value.
7. Strong written and verbal Japanese and English communication skills, including being able to create and deliver dynamic presentations on complex business issues.