Director, Performance Marketing
Tokyo , Japan, Japan
Date published: 8-Jun-2016
About the Direct to Consumer team
Working in Nike's Direct to Consumer (DTC) business will be rewarding, it will be challenging and it will most definitely not be just another job. You'll be an Ambassador of the Nike brand: everything we stand for; drive, determination, the unyielding commitment to excellence, these will all be a part of your everyday experience. We're committed to making every consumer's experience a rewarding one, and as a member of our digital retail team, your contributions will be a big part of our success.
About the role
As our Director, Performance Marketing DTC (Direct to Consumer) for Japan, you'll enable our business to serve our digital consumers, reach and exceed financial goals and build the Nike brand by driving traffic, revenue and maximizing efficiency in digital marketing channels for Nike.com. You'll help define and execute the overall digital performance marketing strategy.
This role will require some travel to Nike World Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
1. Develop expansion and growth strategy for key marketing channels including paid search, natural search, affiliates, online media and social media.
2. Developing and delivering on revenue and budget targets for assigned digital marketing channels and programs for new capabilities.
3. Create new high value consumer segmentation strategies including of repeat/retention programs across the above marketing channels.
4. Build and manage a small team of direct reports while also supporting/influencing other geography digital marketing experts outside of world headquarters to deliver digital commerce marketing programs for key Nike initiatives.
5. Collaborate with Brand, Nike+ Membership and DTC Leadership on key initiatives.
6. Drive selection/expansion of vendors and agencies that support growth plans.
7. Partner with the analytics team to analyze weekly, monthly and quarterly reports: draw insights, help the team identify optimization tactics and adjust strategy.
1. University degree in Business, Analytical, Marketing, Economics, IT or Engineering. Masters degree (MBA, MSC etc.) a plus.
2. Minimum eight years' experience in digital/online marketing; strong background in e-commerce required.
3. Exceptionally strong understanding of digital marketing across key channels including Paid Search, Email, Affiliates, SEO, Display Media and Social in an e-commerce setting required.
4. Previous experience with managing budgets and having a proven record of demonstrating strong return on investment is critical.
5. Exceptionally strong analytical skills and comfort with getting your 'hands dirty' diving deep into the numbers. Proven capability to use data to drive business decisions and marketing optimization required. Strong understanding of web analytics, best practices and available data relevant to marketing optimization required.
6. Solid project management and previous experience managing digital marketing professionals in a corporate environment is required.
7. In addition to fluency in Japanese, excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including being able to create and deliver dynamic presentations on complex business issues.