Share this job
Director, APLA Technology Operations
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in how Technology drives the engine that runs Nike, join Nike’s Technology Operations organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver agile, efficient, and effective solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s products and services. We are responsible for analyzing, refining, deploying, and running seamless, tailored and nimble solutions across Nike. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
Scope and Responsibilities:
As our Director, APLA Asia Pacific Technology Operations, you’ll be responsible ensuring that the technology engine that runs Nike’s Asia Pacific technology operations functions to the demanding standards or our internal and external athletes.
What we’re looking for:
- Champion sustainable and stable day to day operations across technology functions
- Devise, refine, and implement operating rhythms that enable efficient and reliable technology operations
- Partner with technology, business, and external on ensuring comprehensive support strategies are employed and adopted
- Embrace standard structured and efficient ITIL processes to optimize resource allocation and customer experiences, while driving improvements to those same processes.
- Implement a centrally derived comprehensive data driven support approach focused on tangible metrics that drive action and directly align to business impact
- Align with peers on seamless and consistent follow the sun support
- Effectively manage key stakeholder engagement via continuous and effective communication models with peers, partners, team members, and customers
- Plan for and manage the budget for the organization including the development and implementation of plans to hit aggressive productivity targets
- Provide leadership and direction in goal setting, coaching, staffing and motivating a team of Nike technology resources
- Ensure adherence to SOX controls, as well as management of related documentation and remediation efforts
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field; 2 years' additional experience in lieu of a degree
- 8 years experience in IT, business or a related field
- 3 years progressive experience leading and managing teams, preferably technical, professional-level staff geography dispersed.
- Extensive technology management experience in a global, matrixed corporation
- Proven experience implementing and operating ITIL frameworks and progressive industry best practices
- Ability to engage with sr. technology and business leaders on strategy as well as driving clarity and closure to high profile, high tension situations
- Leadership Excellence in regard to team management and organizational evolution, strategic planning, financial planning and budget management, and vendor management
- Proven experience with team building skills, with a concentration on employee development and growth, both for direct and virtual team members
- Proven experience efficiently and seamlessly leveraging external partners in global operating models
- Ability to engage and integrate with major development initiatives
- Expert influencing skills and ability to gather alignment to organizational strategies
- Ability to leverage resources to effectively translate business objectives into strategic business plans
- Highly skilled in conflict resolution, collaboration, and high profile decision making
To ensure that we continue to hire competent, ethical and trustworthy individuals, all candidates must successfully complete a thorough background investigation prior to receiving any offer of employment from Nike.
Have we piqued your interest? Good, then a generous benefits package will only sweeten the deal. We offer a stock purchase plan, 401(k), a casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don't have room to mention here.
As soon as you post your resume, our technical recruiter will be immediately notified.
We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.