Share this job
Country Innovation Engineer – Apparel & Equipment
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Vietnam
Innovation to Scale
- Work with innovation factory partners on method of make, machinery investigation and setting up lines to scale manufacturing
- Run pre-production trials with Nike/factory teams to validate process and scalability
- Partner with Innovation teams to make early recommendations on prototyping techniques and tooling solutions
- Drive to Identify/alleviate potential manufacturing or efficiency concerns. Ensure that these concerns are properly resolved as product transitions into manufacturing.
- Standardize and document manufacturing process/machinery and best practices in order to copy/paste in different locations
- Interact with Innovation teams and Functional Mgmt. to insure proven and tested readiness of new technologies and methods of make prior to production.
- Research new technologies and machinery inside and outside of the industry
- Identify areas of opportunity to increase production capabilities
- Document and communicate Process, Machinery and Tooling information to extended cross-functional teams
- Build and refine communication tools and templates for the Manufacturing Innovation organization.
- Complete Manufacturing Readiness Assessment documentation for key projects
- Build strong relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Textile or Chemical Engineering or related fields
- Minimum 5-8 years Apparel or related product type engineering and/or manufacturing experience; Product knowledge and thorough understanding of textile based product creation and manufacturing process.
- Strong knowledge in both electrical and mechanical systems. This position is expected to be very hands on.
- Demonstrated skills in, project engineering, problem solving and result orientation
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (Solidworks or similar) preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint) required
- English and local language, effective verbal and written communication skills including presenting technical information.
- Ability to travel within Asia and US.