Share this job
CHEMICAL ENGINEER II
TaiChung, Taiwan, Taiwan
Nike is always on the offense and is constantly innovating. We are looking for an individual to join the NIKE EXPLORE TEAM (NXT) to help revolutionize the world’s best athletic footwear for the world’s best athletes. In this role you will join a team that designs, develops and transitions new technologies and manufacturing processes. You will work closely with a cross functional team in driving footwear innovation from original idea through to seasonal category integration. In this role you will plan and execute process development work, design and conduct development trials, translate trial results into appropriate next step actions, determine alternative methods for achieving performance targets and generate documents that properly communicate validated standards. A successful candidate must also be a good communicator, a strong collaborator and possess an ability to proactively influence others. Knowledge of computers and various software applications is a must. Experience and understanding of root cause analysis, DOE, process optimization, and other IE concepts is important. You will be responsible for group participation in ideation, visioning, creative problem solving, and critical brainstorming on new, game-changing product or processes concepts. Finally, you will have fun as you help create the future of sport.
- Bachelor Degree or above in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry (Polymer or Organic); a degree in Textile or Materials Engineering may be considered with the right work experience.
- Typically requires 5-6 years directly relevant work experience in engineering, development, research, and/or production.
- Experience with adhesive systems, rubbers, foams, injection plastics, especially formulation and processes related to consumer products.
- Knowledge of materials such as synthetic leather, leather and textiles.
- Mental discipline and the ability to analyze data and the situation from a chemical engineering and/or chemistry perspective; experience with analytical techniques (FTIR, DSC, DMA) a plus.
- Team player with strong influence and cross-cultural sense.
- Experience with DOE (design of experiments) and statistical analysis.
- Good to strong English communication (written + verbal) capabilities.
- Sports enthusiast and can exhibit an understanding of current events in sports.
- Self-starter with good people skills.
- Ability to work with and understand diverse cultures.
- Willingness to coach and be coachable, always.
- Ability to travel internationally.