Share this job
Brand Director, Nike Women
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the Marketing team
Consumer conversations and relationships fuel the work of Nike Marketing. It’s the fuel that has built one of the most recognizable brands in the world. Nike Marketing captures the science, art, and emotion of Nike’s innovations and connects them with the hearts, minds, and souls of athletes.
The pros in brand strategy, advertising, digital engagement, product presentation, consumer analytics and more foster consumer connections via channels ranging from Nike Stores to social media. They approach marketing in a way that only Nike can: taking risks, pushing boundaries and inspiring consumers to be champions.
About the role
As Brand Director of Nike Women, you will be responsible to drive the overall Brand strategy, planning and executions across Japan for the Nike Women category, with a deeper focus on the city of Tokyo.
Your plans and strategies will be informed by consumers insights and knowledge aiming to make sports women’s daily routine, in partnership with other key categories, and broader geography and global marketing teams.
You will provide strong leadership to lead the cross functional marketing team and contribute to the overall category growth, acting as a key member of the broader Nike Women category team.
You will have direct management authority over a Brand Manager, to which you will provide direction and coaching.
This role will require some travel to Nike World Headquarters in the United States.
- Lead the development of Nike Women’s strategic marketing plans and briefs.
- As the Nike Women category consumer expert, maintain close relationships with key consumer groups, sports marketing, event marketing, regional marketing teams and field reps input insights into overall cat brand strategy.
- Drive the Nike Women’s annual brand roadmap.
- Lead the communication of the Nike Women’s category brand plan, lead execution in partnership with Global/Geography.
- Lead Nike Women’s categorical and seasonal event execution and evaluation.
- Manage budget for all Nike Women’s business executions.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a business-related discipline.
- 8+ years of relevant marketing experience. Preferably with over 2 years experience in category brand management.
- Deep knowledge of local Japanese market and consumers. Skills to read the current market and competitive trend and form strategic direction.
- Excellent understanding of the Nike matrix, category operating model and product lines.
- Strong demonstrated leadership ability and presence to work with cross category and functional teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with team player spirit.
- A self-starter with problem solving mindset. Ability to create a journey for HER in a fluid and complex metrics.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English (TOEIC minimum 800+) coupled with excellent interpersonal skills.