Share this job
Seoul, South Korea, South Korea
-Job Title: Retail Accounting Manager
-Work Location: Seoul
Retail Accounting manager in Finance Controlling is responsible for ensuring retail business operation and accounting process in accordance with Company policy and US GAAP. Retail Accounting manager will actively collaborate with high performing and growing retail teams for both owned retail stores and Nike.com online business as they execute on new strategic initiatives by delivering all relevant technical accounting considerations and designing detailed internal control process with key stakeholders and subject matter expert to support business growth and transaction complexity.
- Implement and develop proper accounting process to meet global accounting policy and ensure the existence and effectiveness of robust internal controls environment for offline retail store and online store business.
- Execute accounting processes and maintain effective internal control processes around retail business operations for offline retail stores and online store.
- Perform control activities and prepare IPE documentation for sales and inventory, (e.g. sales reconciliation between systems, sales cut-off, mark-down, other types of retail promotions, inventory counting and adjustment, etc.)
- Lead as a key member in Korea Finance Controlling with Global or Regional project team to implement and enable global Retail system and tool in Korea.
- Participate in periodic operational review for retail business; continuously add value to become a credible and trusted business partner.
- Develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions
- 8+ years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related functions
- Experience in a multinational consumer company or Retail Finance experience is preferred
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of SAP and comfortable to deal with big volume and great detail level of data
- Team player with commercial mindset andenthusiastic contributor with can-do spirit and interest in retail field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill with various stakeholders in Korean & English
- Ability to effectively communicate status, issues, risks and opportunities with business counterparts