Share this job
Accounting Manager - SEA & India
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
This role is a newly created role within the Financial Accounting team. In addition to managing the regular book closing and statutory and tax matters in the SEA&I territory, this role is also expected to drive process standardization across our diverse portfolio of countries and support new initiatives and projects to ensure that all business models comply with local statutory and tax regulations.
(1) Business Insights / Decision Support
- Provide support in new initiatives, projects to ensure that all business models are in compliance with local statutory.
- Engage with internal Finance teams, the Shared Services teams, Tax & IT and other cross functional teams to analyze end to end financial system and process impact, to drive necessary changes in supporting business initiatives and efficiencies.
- Provide analysis as required.
(2) Business Excellence
- Lead and drive automation and simplification in processes across SEA&I countries to continuously improve end to end processes, and at the same time maintaining strong corporate governance
- Support end to end management and statutory accounting for SEA&I Controlling, to ensure the data integrity of the books. This also includes reviewing the books on a monthly basis and managing financial close analysis.
- Responsible for the yearly statutory audits, direct/indirect tax filings and other statutory requirements including but not limited to Transfer Pricing, EDB and government survey for Singapore entities.
- Support Finance & Accounting Manager for monthly/quarterly reporting to US office.
- A minimum of 8-10 years experience with the Big 4 and large MNCs
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, preferably with a CPA or equivalent professional qualification
- Process mapping and standardization experience will be an advantage
- Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS required
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-cultural business partners and stakeholders, and work effectively within cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Experience in ERP systems though SAP experience is highly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Outlook