Share this job
Accounting Manager, Japan Order to Cash
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the role
As the Japan Order to Cash (O2C) Accounting Manager, for NIKE APLA Controlling, you will drive influential and collaborative relationships with cross-functional business partners to deliver informed business decisions, process excellence, optimized financial control and financial statement accuracy related to Japan revenue and Receivables. In this role you will report directly to the Japan Financial Controller.
- Execute accounting processes and maintain effective internal controls around the tracking and accounting for revenue and related reserves in accordance with US GAAP and NIKE Global Accounting Policies and Processes.
- Lead and manage the revenue accounting team through the complete month end accounting close process in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring appropriate financial controls, procedures and efficiencies are in place.
- Lead and manage the revenue accounting team in day-to-day accounting operations and establish processes as needed to handle and enable new transaction streams.
- Partner with finance planning and other business counterparts to drive financial statement accuracy, forecast accuracy and informed business decisions, while enabling the execution of strategic and financial initiatives.
- Evaluate customer arrangements for proper revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP and NIKE Global Accounting Policies.
- Perform technical research on revenue recognition and/or other complex accounting issues, and provide accounting consultation advice to business partners.
- Work closely with NIKE Global compliance to manage any Internal, External Audit and SOX compliance work related to revenue.
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
2. Retail and/or wholesale revenue experience is strongly preferred.
3. 5+ Public accounting experience & Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required.
4. Strong enthusiasm and passion for the NIKE brand.
6. Proven people management experience.
7. Exposure to ERP accounting and finance systems such as SAP or Oracle is strongly preferred.
8. Fluency in English and Japanese (minimum TOEIC 800+).