Share this job
Accountant - Dong Nai
ACCOUNTANT (GENERAL – DONG NAI BASED)
The Accountant role based out of our Vietnam facility will play a critical role ensuring accurate and timely recording and reporting for VAS and US GAAP. Key focus areas will be with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and general reporting tasks. In addition, they will play a key role in the setup of process and documentation for statutory recording and reporting. An excellent communicator is a crucial attribute to communicate with local contacts as well as our World Headquarters teammates and business contacts. We are looking for a self-starter with new ideas to enhance our team.
- Review and file appropriately all the purchase invoices and supporting documents (purchase orders, contracts, invoices, delivery notes, etc.) from vendors.
- Manage and maintain hardcopy accounting documents for ease of traceability
- Trace and follow up with each vendor to obtain hardcopy documentation for filing
- Support and prepare overseas payment documents with bank, including Company’s stamped customs declaration forms, invoice, sales contract, delivery notes
- Support the timely payment process for manual payments including: Import VAT, Withholding tax, etc).
- Prepare and file supporting printed documents for debit and credit advices as per local regulation.
- Daily check and informing customer’s bank transfer to confirm successful sales transactions
- Print and review bank statement as per local regulation.
- Review and file all the sales invoices and supporting documents to customers
- Support the sales documentation process for Company’s chop and signature on sales invoices
- Post specific manual JE’s in SAP for review (Tax, payroll and benefits, interest income/expense, etc.), including month-end close JE’s.
- Prepare basic BS reconciliations (Banks, Loan, Taxes payable)
- Oversee and coordinate with external service provider for the compliance of Vietnamese Accounting Standards (VAS) and tax reports including Foreign Contractor Tax (FCT), and Corporate Income Tax (CIT)
- Support independent auditors with respect to VAS compliance of financial reports, etc.
- Support and oversees tax audit engagements
- Research, support and problem solve requests from World Headquarters teammates
- Honest and integrity are the must
- University degree or equivalent in accounting and finance
- 2 - 3 years of working experience in the same position
- Experience of local Accounting Standard (VAS) and the use of accounting systems (SAP skill is highly preferable)
- Experience in manufacturing company is a plus
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Careful and detail oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills (Vietnamese and English), learning attitude and self-motivation