APPAREL MATERIALS DEVELOPER - based in Taipei (2 openings)
Taipei City , Taipei, Taiwan
Date published: 27-Sep-2017
As the Materials Developer II within NXT Materials, you’ll develop and apply material expertise to fuel and support strategic developmental efforts within Nike Explore Team (NXT). You will be asked to integrate textiles expertise into various programs across all sportswear and sport performance categories. You will collaborate with NXT Product Creation Cross Functional teams to develop a point of view for new textile solutions for a variety of materials and processes. You will be involved in the overall process of product development from acceleration through launch. You'll manage and work with external textile partners, equipment suppliers and laboratory testing personnel to ensure that relevant materials and processes meet all required performance specifications. You'll also collaborate to establish test methods for materials research projects that fall outside the normal realm of industry standard procedures; using testing resources outside Nike lab when appropriate. You'll continually research and analyze new materials opportunities and technologies in the marketplace. You will provide on-line information and conduct presentations and educational seminars to developers, designers, and other interested groups.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Textile Science, Textile Engineering/Technology, Design or related field.
- A Master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum 10 years' relevant work experience preferred.
- Requires knowledge and hands-on experience in own discipline; Familiarity with the state-of-the-art technologies in textiles, manufacturing and finishing processes. Apparel finished product development experience is a plus.
- Fibers and/or yarn experience is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under tight timelines and with limited information.
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness, project management and data-based decision making (i.e. statistical methods) track record.
- Ability to work with a moderate level of guidance and direction and effectively elevate strategic concerns to senior management in a timely manner.
- Ability to make decisions within guidelines and policies that impact own priorities and allocation of time to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations.
- Strong team orientation.