Share this job
Senior Finance Manager – Statutory & Tax
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role will lead a small yet integral team and be responsible to oversee the statutory and tax compliance matters for legal entities – Nike Trading Company B.V. Singapore Branch and Nike Global Trading B.V. Singapore Branch (“Trading Companies”). You will also be expected to provide advisory for new business models and global/ regional projects and initiatives that may require input from statutory and tax compliance perspective. You will have to engage and partner with diverse stakeholders in Trading Company Finance, cross business unit Finance, Global Controlling, Tax, Legal and Treasury as well as external auditors and tax consultants.
(1) Business Insights / Decision Support
- Be the subject matter expert to represent the Trading Companies to provide advisory support in new initiatives, projects and enable the business at the same time in compliance with local statutory and tax regulations, as well as managing enterprise risk and control requirements.
- Engage with diverse stakeholders from cross functions/ organizations and external consultants in implementing best practices, processes and controls compliant with statutory & tax requirement and driving necessary changes in supporting business initiatives.
- Act as trusted business advisor and provide ad-hoc analysis as required.
(2) Business Excellence
- Advance Trading Company legal entity framework for local compliance initiatives and statutory & tax reporting purposes, to ensure financial reporting integrity in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Manage monthly/ quarterly/ yearly close process, including perform analytical review for financial statements and various WHQ. reporting package under US GAAP for Inc. consolidated reporting.
- Manages end to end local statutory reporting, corporate income tax, indirect tax. This includes Trading Companies as NRI VAT and other governmental reporting (eg. survey).
- Ensure all transfer pricing matters impacting Trading Companies are assessed from statutory perspective through partnership with WHQ Transfer Pricing/ Geo Tax
- Provide technical insights into US GAAP and SG FRS impact on Trading Company financial positions arising from operational transactions as well as NIKE accounting policies.
- Drive automation and simplification in processes, in order to continuously improve end to end processes, and at the same time maintaining strong corporate governance.
(3) People Leadership
- Responsible for managing and developing 3 full-time employees through proper resource planning, coaching, development and performance management.
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ career with both Big 4 professional firm AND large commercial MNCs, with experience in statutory & tax compliance
- A Bachelor degree in Accounting. Chartered Accountant or equivalent professional qualification is a must.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, SG FRS, SG direct & indirect taxes is required. Transfer pricing knowledge would be an added advantage.
- Executive presence with ability to influence and articulate complex technical topics to business partners.
- A mature team player with ability to work collaboratively in multi-cultural settings with diverse stakeholders across geography/ locations.
- Ability to work in ambiguous, high pace and dynamic environment and lead the team towards common business goals.
- Experience in ERP systems. SAP experience is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Outlook