Share this job
SR MANAGER - AMM
Taipei City, Taipei, Taiwan
- Responsible for setting the direction for materials use and management from product commercialization through the manufacturing cycle.
- Responsible for the execution of global materials sourcing, pricing, materials consolidation programs, vendor selection and performance management, and category materials consultation.
- Manages the materials creation process from initial concept through to commercialization and production.
- Manages employees and sets individual goals that link to departmental priorities. Coaches staff, supports development, makes hiring decisions, and drives performance management, recognition and rewards.
- Manages the materials and trim development team for a category or product. Ensures team delivers on-time materials according to critical dates, product specifications, sustainability, performance, and profitability skills.
- Participates in functional discussions and initiatives across departments. Ensures functional goals and development processes continuously revolve to reflect internal and external best practices.
- Keeps abreast of market trends, group goals, new technology, and process innovation throughout the materials and trims community.
- Utilizes internal and external partnerships that leverage resources and enhance business group effectiveness.
- Bachelor Degree holder with minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant field
- Strong apparel manufacturing and supply chain experience, including product creation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across a broad set of stakeholder groups
- Sound judgment and ability to provide direction toward the determination of policy and strategy
- Ability to establish an independent view, effectively collaborate in decision-making, and motivate others, especially during difficult situations or on tough organizational issues
- Financial acumen (manufacturing costs/FOB)
- Passionate about change and finding simple ways to solve complex problems
- Ability to influence others in leading changes
- Proficient project manager and problem solver. Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with an ability to articulate goals and objectives
- Demonstrated leadership capability including the ability to mentor and motivate team in the function