Sr. Full Stack Developer
Shanghai , China, China
Date published: 20-Mar-2017
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have, to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Athletes constantly chase their potential. They seek information, motivation and the gear to give them an edge over the competition. The Nike Digital team enables NIKE, Inc.'s digital products and services that inspire athletes to do one more lap, one more crunch or one more marathon.
As a part of China Digital Studio’s Integration squad, you will play a critical role in providing programming interfaces and micro services to internal and external ecommerce and social partners. Our services and applications play a central role in facilitating social, payment, communication, analytics capabilities for a variety of Nike digital platforms such as Nike.com, NTC, NRC, SNKRS, Nike+ etc. We use world-class technology, decades of athlete insights, and skills such as consumer analytics, statistics, digital marketing, software development, social media engagement and more to deliver products and experiences to athletes around the world.
We are excited about being at the forefront of the technology movement and we’re looking for others who want to join the club!
As a Full Stack Developer on the Integration Squad, you will:
- Leverage your love of Cloud computing/APIs/NodeJS skills to design and build the new breed of web platform for Nike Commerce
- Build on your knowledge of horizontally scalable no-sql databases such as DynamoDb, Cassandra and Riak etc, to ensure we have highly-available and high-performance data
- Harness your DevOps skills to automate your service deployments so they’re fully repeatable. Experience using Puppet/Chef/Saltstack/Ansible is a plus
- Profile and performance tune your work to ensure we deliver the fastest web experience to all customers across the globe
- Review teammates technical designs, code and tests to keep the entire team focused on being the best they can be
- Partner with other architects and teams to ensure the whole Nike Commerce ecosystem of services stay loosely coupled and independently scalable
- Automate the testing of all of your components to ensure we have excellent test coverage with quality assertions
Participate in design sessions, implementation plans, resolve technical issues, review code and provide feedback
Build and maintain simple and intuitive APIs’ for a very large developer community within Nike.
Encourage innovation with new technologies and elegant solutions
Advocate technical direction, define best practices and principles
Onboard new team members
Ensure successful quality software with emphasis in these areas:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 2 years of additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience building cloud based, high volume, highly available, concurrent and performant applications (required)
- Nodejs proficiency (required)
- Solid understanding and experience integrating with WeChat and other Social/Payment applications (required)
- Experience designing APIs and creating RESTful microservices (Required)
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, MVC architecture, and design patterns
- Experience writing automated tests using tools like JUnit, ScalaTest, Spock or Specs
- Experience with applications hosted in Amazon Web Services AWS
Experience delivering software in a Scrum development process
- Knowledge of the Netflix Open Source Stack
- Fluency in English