Share this job
Sr Enterprise Data Governance Analyst
Shanghai, China, China
Your Role on the Team:
As a Sr. data governance Analyst within Enterprise Data and Analytics, you will be a key member of a highly visible team focused on collaborating with business and technical stewards to drive the maturity of data governance to enable business functions to meet their strategic objectives.
- Primary point of contact for Enterprise Data capabilities. First line of defense on data issues and be “hands-on” in resolution; business process change or facilitating technology changes in partnership with Data Management & Operations and technology teams
- Drive the Overall Data Governance engagement in Great China and Global
- Understand the information flow for all enterprise master data
- Connect and discuss with GC business and tech SME’s to understand the pain areas and develop the Data Governance assessment and roadmap
- Partner with Enterprise Information Leaders and Information Architects to define domains through information models leading towards aligned data definitions and building a common language. For the identified Data Domain, identify the Critical Data Element by quantitative and qualitative profiling
- Define the business quality rules and come up with the Data Quality strategy
- Investigative analysis on functional pain points (process and system gaps)
- Guide the data engineering team to deliver the end to end data analytics solution compliance with governance framework
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology or related field
- 3+ years’ experience with data processing
- 7+ years’ experience in data analysis across systems and processes; should include comprehensive experience as a business/process lead or as a lead in a functional role
- Passion for data and governance with demonstrated ability to use data to tell a story and influence decision making
- Strong collaborative skills to work across multiple stakeholder groups to translate business strategies, initiatives, and objectives into data management proposals
- Strategic thinker to participate in planning, design, and policy development related to data management
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and changing demands
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with team members and business stakeholders
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of data modeling conceptual model/logic model.
- Deep understanding of measuring and ensuring data quality at scale and the required tooling to monitor and optimize the performance of our data pipelines.