Share this job
Sourcing Manager - Supply Chain
Shanghai, China, China
70% - Strategic Souring for Inbound Transportation and 3PL DC operations in Greater China
- Identify and define the critical capabilities needed to support NIKE’s strategic long-term vision. Think strategically and provide input in the requirement and design process.
- Co-lead Internal ocean and air freight souring activities including tender, negotiation, annual price review, etc.
- Lead B2B Distribution operation sourcing activities including tender, negotiation and annual GMP discussion.
- Consult with cross-functional team members and GC Transport & Distribution Operation leaders to develop strategies and source services utilizing standard process, tools and templates, including E-bidding platform.
- Partner with logistic leaders to deploy new transportation and 3PL DC operation capabilities, service offerings, technologies, and service providers in GC.
- Utilize business and industry connections to foster best practices and promote benchmarking opportunities.
- Partner and align with local Supply Chain Procurement team on inputs for annual strategic planning processes.
- Drive sustainable and LEAN thinking across the inbound carrier and DC Ops 3PL base, as well as advocating it across NIKE’s global supply chain.
20% - Drive and Develop Vendor Management:
- Develop and maintain supply relationship with vendors in Inbound Transportation and DC Operation.
- Lead and organize regular QBR (Quarterly Business Review) with key strategic vendors.
- Work closely with procurement operations team on vendor onboarding & information management and source to pay process.
10% - Global Project participants and support:
- Support global initiatives and new working methods implementation.
- Participate in Global souring activities as key contributor.
- Strong E2E supply chain knowledge and overall business acumen .
- Experience leading cross-functional and virtual teams with a proven record of delivering results in high pressure or high-profile assignments.
- Experience developing and deploying transportation or DC operation procurement strategy resulting in cost, service, quality, and sustainability improvements.
- Solid knowledge with 7 steps of procurement and proven record of leading national/regional wide tender activities independently.
- Advanced negotiation skills in both internal and local business environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively and comfortably at multiple levels in the organization.
- Familiar with DC operation costing and warehouse GMP model.
- Knowledge for sourcing systems is a plus, eg: Ariba, Coupa, Aravo, etc.
- The ability to “deep dive” in data when needed utilizing analytical tools and methodologies, interpreting results, and underlying trends to drive the appropriate action.
- Strong team leadership, coaching and talent development skills.