Share this job
Senior Sustainability Consultant, Waste & Water
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Vietnam
- Consult factory partners on Waste & Water environmental performance. Lead factory beyond compliance assessment process
- Provide consultation to factory level strategic planning & drive strategy deployment at factory level
- Solve complex problems in collaboration with partners & business leaders
- Drive factory environmental performance against public sustainability targets & other KPIs in terms of reducing waste and water usage and increasing recycling, reuse opportunities
- Eliminate of negative pathways, expansion of preferred pathways, drive closed loop strategies & maximize materials/resource yield & & oversee Waste management & recycling center (WMRC) operations
- Lead Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen Continuous Improvement in terms of driving manufacturing process optimization
- Lead and build capabilities in PDCA problem solving
- Partner in initiative project work with other departments within NIKE
- Share best practices with factory groups.
- Drive discipline for timely and accurate data management.
- Deliver factory and team capability building.
- Provide expertise to team and factories on waste and water management.
- Be a Sponge – Continually develop to stay up to date on the latest developments by discipline (government initiatives, incentives and changes in local legislation etc.)
- Environmental Management or Engineering University Degree - Additional industry experience (especially footwear, sporting goods or apparel manufacturing) preferred. Graduates in other engineering disciplines will also be considered.
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of environmental management/engineering or other manufacturing improvement related work.
- Specialization in the minimization of manufacturing process related environmental impacts as well as experience monitoring and maintaining a manufacturing product or process a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental performance improvement theory, protocols, trends and jargon.
- Knowledge of and experience with continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean Manufacturing/Toyota Production System, Six Sigma etc. a plus.
- Excellent English, oral and written communication skills as well as competence in using computer software programs.
- Good organizational skill and ability to work with little or no direct supervision.
- Good interpersonal skill, problem solving and communication skills.
- Willing to travel and work on the manufacturing production floor.