Share this job
Senior Payroll Specialist
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
About the Human Resources Team
Nike, Inc.’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
About the Role
The Senior Payroll Specialist will perform payroll, time and attendance function for all selected countries across Asia Pacific and working with payroll vendors (where applicable) to execute accurate and timely payroll services. Ensure payroll process is administered in compliance to Nike’s global process & policy and local statutory regulations.
This role (based in Singapore) will be a member of the Asia Pacific HR Shared Services team, reporting to the HR Shared Services Payroll Manager, Asia Pacific.
- Responsible for full spectrum of payroll function for selected countries in Asia Pacific, meeting service levels and results
- Responsible for Payroll Vendor Management, perform vendor management tasks as required (ensuring adherence to SLA’s, invoice processing, attending regular status calls, participate in metrics reviews, etc.)
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with payroll / benefit vendor and key stakeholders.
- Handle escalations on payroll administration matters
- Risk management, ensuring operations are compliant with local laws and regulations
- Streamline and re-engineer payroll processes to ensure efficiencies
- Payroll performance metrics for management & statutory reporting
- Manage internal/external audit activities or any statutory compliance reporting as and when is required.
- Support ad-hoc HR projects if needed.
- University graduate with minimum of 7-8 years’ experience in a professional HR position with a minimum of 5 years in payroll processing
- Team player, energetic and positive thinking, service-oriented and able to work in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment
- Analytical, meticulous and able to perform independently.
- Champion integration and re-engineering of processes
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders at a level appropriate to their grade
- Ability to manage a high volume of work under tight service delivery deadlines
- Working Knowledge of SAP HR is preferred