Share this job
Junior Payroll Specialist
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
The Junior Payroll Specialist will perform payroll, time and attendance function for Nike Japan, and working with payroll/social security vendors (where applicable) to execute accurate and timely payroll services. Ensure payroll process is administered in compliance to Nike’s global process & policy and local statutory regulations.
This role (based in Tokyo) will be a member of the Asia Pacific HR Shared Services team, reporting to the HR Shared Services APAC Payroll Manager based in Singapore.
- Responsible for full spectrum of payroll function for Japan, meeting service levels and results.
- Responsible for Payroll Vendor Management for Japan: perform vendor management tasks as required (ensuring adherence to SLA’s, invoice processing, attending regular status calls, participate in metrics reviews, etc.).
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with payroll / benefit vendor and key stakeholders.
- Handle escalations on payroll administration matters.
- Risk management, ensuring operations are compliant with local laws and regulations.
- Streamline and re-engineer payroll processes to ensure efficiencies.
- Payroll performance metrics for management & statutory reporting.
- r any statutory compliance reporting as and when is required.
- Drive and implement payroll strategy for Japan payroll operations.
- Support ad-hoc HR projects as needed.
- University graduate with minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a professional HR related position. Payroll experience is preferred but not required.
- Team player, energetic and positive thinking, service-oriented and able to work in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Analytical, meticulous and able to perform independently.
- Champion integration and re-engineering of processes.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively.
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders at a level appropriate to their grade.
- Ability to manage a high volume of work under tight service delivery deadlines.
- Both Japanese and English language skills are required (minimum TOEIC 750+).