Share this job
Senior Data Governance Analyst
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing all that you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Now, more than ever, our organization needs to respond quickly to turn market disruptions into opportunities for our brand. To achieve this, we must continue to develop our Enterprise Data capabilities to ensure we’re maximizing the power of the Nike enterprise in the Enterprise Data & Analytics space and managing data as a competitive advantage.
If you’re ready to innovate and help lead our Enterprise Data organization, come join us now! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing technology platforms and architecting a data and analytics landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike enterprise on its journey to 2020 and beyond.
Your Role on the Team
As a Sr. data governance Analyst within Enterprise Data and Analytics, you will be a key member of a highly visible team focused on collaborating with business and technical stewards to drive the maturity of data governance to enable business functions to meet their strategic objectives.
l Primary point of contact for Enterprise Data capabilities. First line of defense on data issues and be “hands-on” in resolution; business process change or facilitating technology changes in partnership with Data Management & Operations and technology teams
· Drive the Overall Data Governance engagement in Great China and Global
· Understand the information flow for all enterprise master data
· Connect and discuss with GC business and tech SME’s to understand the pain areas and develop the Data Governance assessment and roadmap
· Partner with Enterprise Information Leaders and Information Architects to define domains through information models leading towards aligned data definitions and building a common language. For the identified Data Domain, identify the Critical Data Element by quantitative and qualitative profiling
· Define the business quality rules and come up with the Data Quality strategy
· Investigative analysis on functional pain points (process and system gaps)
· Guide the data engineering team to deliver the end to end data analytics solution compliance with governance framework
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology or related field
- 3+ years’ experience with data processing
· 7+ years’ experience in data analysis across systems and processes; should include comprehensive experience as a business/process lead or as a lead in a functional role
- Passion for data and governance with demonstrated ability to use data to tell a story and influence decision making
- Strong collaborative skills to work across multiple stakeholder groups to translate business strategies, initiatives, and objectives into data management proposals
- Strategic thinker to participate in planning, design, and policy development related to data management
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and changing demands
· Ability to influence and communicate effectively with team members and business stakeholders
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of data modeling conceptual model/logic model.
- Deep understanding of measuring and ensuring data quality at scale and the required tooling to monitor and optimize the performance of our data pipelines.