Share this job
Senior Analytics Manager - Enterprise Data & Analytics
Shanghai, China, China
This position will lead a team that works cross functionally with business end users, business analysts, data science, engineering, and architecture teams to gather and thoughtfully document feature requirements, then drive them through the product development lifecycle.
Keys to success include exceptional product management skills in an agile environment, trackable experience in managing data product delivery and analytics insights deliver, deep background in managing global enterprise data assets and reporting insights development, and a strong understanding & curiosity of how consumer & business value is created via data at a company like Nike.
This position requires a positive, enthusiastic team player with strong hands on experience, drive and curiosity. While you (understandably) rely on data to prove your point, you love to think outside the box and solve problems creatively. Your experience helps you prioritize and overcome blockers and guide the work of others on your team. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and you are excited by the challenge of building something from the ground up. You ask questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others. Your teams’ success is your success, and you actively seek out opportunities to be a good partner across the organization.
- Lead a team of 5-6 business system analysts that will drive, prioritize and write thoughtful and detailed business and functional specifications for data processing, analytics processing and data science use case then drive them via an agile development methodology.
- Provide guidance and coaching to the team on analytics framework and data product mindset
- Establish deep partnerships with critical cross-functional enablers including business units, relevant analysts teams, platform engineering and enterprise data governance
- Be the subject area expert for GC Nike commercial and marketplace data and deeply understand how to enable analysis and scientists via the optimal data structure/platform
- Move beyond traditional BI reporting to self-service reporting views to focus on exposing forecasts & statistically relevant deviations with exception-based notification
- Design process and systems to troubleshoot data quality issues, identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, MIS, analytics, other quantitative disciplines, or related fields; advanced degree is preferred
- 8+ years relevant experience in big data, business analytics and product analytics with 3+ years’ experience in people management
- A strong history of building data analytics products and leading a team
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong SQL skills, understanding of data architecture, data taxonomy, and both structured and unstructured data
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with retail or ecommerce domains is a plus.
- AWS experience is a plus