Share this job
SEC Project Management Director
Shanghai, China, China
- Understand and articulate the business value in project management.
- Develop and implement an overall project management strategy and roadmap for GC.
- Execute efficient Project Management practices, standards, tools, and processes leveraging best practices and applying Agile principles. Ensure alignment with global methodology.
- Provide consulting to project leaders, as necessary, to drive understanding and adoption of PMO processes.
- Prepare and analyze key program data, trending, and reporting information to drive program level insights in the critical areas of scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, and benefits realization.
- Use data to drive fact-based decision making.
- Identify project risks and recommend corrective responses, as necessary, to improve performance.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships within the team, across work streams, internal Nike departments, and with business stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provide direct project management for critical tracks of work within the SEC program including scope, schedule, cost, resource management, quality, risk management, and change control.
- Responsible for understanding and communicating project dependencies and constraints; driving clarity of critical path tasks; and timely tracking, update, and management of deliverable status, estimate to complete, dependencies, and milestones.
- Responsible for understanding, ensuring accuracy, and communicating project metrics and analytics to drive rigorous execution, enable early insight to potential issues, and support data driven decision making to ensure the project remains on course for success
- Manage status reporting, presented weekly to Project Leadership.
- Act as an escalation point for complex problems. Recommend and implement corrective action, as necessary, to improve program performance.
- Potentially lead a team of FTE and/or Contractor Project Managers to deliver high quality solutions, on time.
- Coach and mentor project team members in an inspirational and effective manner.
· A Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Masters degree in related field (ie. MBA, MFM, MS, other) preferred.
· At least seven years of experience within Business, IT, or a related field.
· At least five years of program management and/or project management leadership roles. Project management certification preferred (PMP and/or PgMP).
· Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and/or Agile delivery method preferred.
· Expert level program/project management skills in development and delivery of large scale software implementations.
· Demonstrated experience managing direct reports, as well as teams within large cross functional projects.
· Proven track record of being results orientated with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals.
· Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, negotiate tense situations successfully, and manage and resolve conflict.
· Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
· Demonstrated expertise of building consensus across business partners and technology leaders, and influencing successful outcomes.
· Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others.
· Experience working successfully in a highly matrixed work environment.
· Experience working with Version One or other industry leading agile software solution (Jira, Rally, etc) preferred.
· Highly analytical with ability to leverage decision support tools and analytic models to drive data-driven decision making (Microsoft © Excel, Tableau, etc)