Product Development Manager
Singapore , Singapore, Singapore
Date published: 22-May-2017
- Manages employees and sets individual goals that link to departmental priorities.
- Coaches staff, supports development, makes hiring decisions, and drives performance management, recognition and rewards.
- Participates in functional discussions and initiatives across departments.
- Ensures functional goals and development processes continuously evolve to reflect internal and external best practices.
- Keeps abreast of market trends, category goals, new technology and process innovation throughout the development community.
- Utilizes internal and/or external partnerships that leverage resources and enhance business group effectiveness.
- Manages the product creation development function for a given product category line.
- Ensures teams deliver on time products from initial concept through to commercialization according to critical dates, product specifications, sustainability, performance, and profitability goals.
- Drive operational strategies that deliver against category objectives, key events and innovation plans
- Work with regional & global cross-matrix counterparts to ensure timely development, execution and delivery of product covering source selection, capacity planning, and costing, lead-time & on-time delivery in accordance to comprehensive needs
- Provide functional leadership to and share expertise with relevant teams in areas related to capacity planning, materials, garment construction, development process, engineering/costing & meeting all key calendar gates & dates
- Partner with global counterparts to create calendar & process tools on special product initiatives to ensure countries / teams are serviced with appropriate products (e.g. quick turn, licensed products, innovations)
- Actively provide new innovation ideas and cost effective options as is relevant to each project.
Requirements of the position include:
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in apparel development and manufacturing
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working with Sport teams and Olympic athlete products and innovations
- Experienced with quick-turn product development and product launches
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to champion complex projects both cross functionally and vertically within the organization.
- Proficient project manager and problem solver able to mentor the Developers on how to handle product launches.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor Developers in the function.
- Expert knowledge in product construction, materials, and the product creation life cycle.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- 2-3 years of solid experience of Asian, European & America sports leagues, federation regulations & uniform approval process
- Expertise & experienced with direct communication with teams and athletes on product design & development (e.g. fabrics, fit, construction, wear-test)
- Proficient in working with designers and innovation team on new apparel concept / accessory construction, materials properties, costing & leading fitting session.