Pacific Legal Counsel (Short Term Contract, Part Time)
Melbourne , Victoria, Australia
Date published: 13-Sep-2017
The position of Pacific Legal Counsel is a short term, part-time role reporting through to the Pacific Legal Director. Located in Melbourne, the Pacific Legal Counsel will support the company's goals and objectives by providing well-informed, timely and effective legal advice for the Nike Group subsidiaries in Australia and New Zealand on a variety of matters including commercial, compliance, marketing and advertising, digital commerce, data protection and dispute resolution.
- Review, drafting and negotiation of a wide range of agreements and documents including general commercial, marketing, leases, sports marketing contracts and complex franchise arrangements
- Providing strategic legal advice and counsel on local legal issues associated with regulatory and compliance matters
- Up to date working knowledge of the legal implications of operating in a digital retail environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, stakeholder relationship management and business acumen
- Ability to identify and analyse potential legal issues and structure practical business oriented solutions that minimise risk
- Preference will be given to candidates with a well-rounded general commercial background and familiarity working with sales, marketing, retail and operations
- Bachelor of Law degree.
- Minimum 3-5+ years’ experience in general business law, ideally with mix of in-house and law firm.
- Admission to practice law in Australia and/or New Zealand.