Pacific Communications Manager
Melbourne , Victoria, Australia
Date published: 4-Oct-2017
We are recruiting for a motivated and talented team member to fill the role of Pacific Communications Manager (Australia and New Zealand). This is a full time role based in Melbourne that reports to the Pacific Marketing Director and has multiple functional relationships internationally.
The Communications function at Nike aims to establish and strengthen authentic connections with audiences in the region, through the lens of innovation and sport. We focus on premium brand stories related to our products, categories and athletes; we manage corporate reputation; and we engage, inspire and motivate our employees.
Working as a critical part of the Pacific Marketing team and aligning with the functional APLA (Asia Pacific & Latin America) Geography teams, you will play a key role in;
- Proactively building and maintaining authentic and strategic media relationships with print and digital publications, broadcast media and other key influencers most relevant to Nike.
- Developing innovative and targeted digital communication strategies, messaging and tactics that engage and deliver against Nike’s target consumers to showcase Nike as a leading innovation brand.
- Developing and executing media messages including brand, innovation, athlete and issues management where relevant.
- Driving content development with new and diverse partners, and strategically building experiential media events to drive coverage.
- Leading communications strategies for major brand moments (inclusive of plans against all elements such as events, ambassadors, product stories, partners).
- Owning and driving internal employee communications strategy and execution, including corporate responsibility programs and partnerships
- Creating seasonal communications strategies and materials, tracking timelines and budget and managing approval processes in a timely manner.
- Managing, leading and inspiring team members as a senior member of the Marketing management team and in project management work in pursuit of business and brand goals.
To be successful you will have;
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in journalism, PR, communications, business, or related field.
- Minimum eight years experience in working for, or supporting via an agency, globally branded organizations.
- Existing relationships with journalists across sport, consumer, fashion, lifestyle and sneaker culture media with a strong focus on digital storytelling and creativity.
- Deep understanding of evolving consumer communications environment and digital landscape.
- Management skills in high-profile communications, strategic planning, budgeting and creative solutions.
- Successful experience working effectively at senior level with a proven ability to provide guidance and direction to peers and direct reports.
- On the ground media/PR experience with ability to communicate clearly as a company spokesperson if necessary.
- Connection to team, athletes or sporting industry preferred.