Operations Accounting Senior Manager
Singapore , Singapore, Singapore
Date published: 12-Apr-2017
As the Senior Operations Accounting Manager for Nike Trading Company B.V. and Nike Global Trading B.V in Singapore, you will lead and drive the supply chain operations accounting team of a global buy sell operations with a proven track record of strong people leadership.
(1) People Leadership
- Provide strong leadership for a high performance team
- Drive thought leadership to maintain a high energy and engaging environment for growth
- Define department needs, allocate right resources to drive deliverables
(2) Business Insights / Decision Support
- Partner proactively with the Supply Chain Operations, Geography Tax and Capability teams, to define operating model, governance and process capability for process enablement.
- Partner actively with Global Controlling Direct Source to Pay team, in supply chain accounting to drive global initiatives and minimize operational process risks.
- Ensure stakeholders’ confidence with robust engagement model, escalate and communicate promptly for informed decisions
- Provide decision support through business intelligence and data analysis, to aid root cause investigation and process remediation
(3) Business Excellence
- Maintain high integrity of the companies’ financial statements and compliance with US GAAP, IFRS, all local statutory and tax reporting and internal control requirements.
- Drive accounting and controls excellence over inventory, COGS and intercompany reporting.
- Drive accounting process effectiveness and efficiency with system solutions for scalable operations.
- Build process excellence to drive process initiatives and performance metrics to measure outcomes.
- Drive accurate, timely close and clean pass in statutory audits, robust controls for SOX and VAT reporting compliance.
Requirements of the position include:
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience from large MNCs. Operations accounting experience in supply chain, global buy sell of FMCG or manufacturing preferred
- Proven track record to lead, coach, and manage high-performance teams with demonstrated success
- Extensive global project/process rollout experience as a finance lead
- Ability to influence and communicate complex topics to a broad and diverse stakeholder group
- Demonstrate strong partnering role wihin a highly matrix and multi-cultural MNC environment
- High adaptability with ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, CPA or equivalent professional qualification
- Knowledge of local GAAP, US GAAP, IFRS and VAT required. Transfer pricing knowledge would be an added advantage
- SAP and Microsoft Office competency