Share this job
Learning & Development Specialist, Asia Pacific
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the role
The Learning & Development Specialist for Asia Pacific will understand the unique needs of the Asia Pacific territories and key cities and represent their position with the Singapore Hub Director to help inform and influence the Asia Pacific Learning & Development Agenda. He/she will be responsible for executing the Talent Development strategy and initiatives in line with the regional Asia Pacific Latin America strategy.
The Learning & Development Specialist will also build rapport and credibility with the Asia Pacific HR Business Partners in each territory as well as respective territory leaders. He/she will collaborate and partner with the Asia Pacific Latin America as as well as Global Learning and Development teams to ensure best practice sharing, alignment and consistency while being an active voice of the needs of Nike Asia Pacific employees and business units.
This role will require some travel to Nike World Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
- Partner with Japan HR Business Partners to develop strategies for the roll out of Learning & Development initiatives at both the global and locl level.
- Provide facilitation and readiness training sessions as needed to various and diverse employee groups.
- Enhance global material/experiences/programs with a 'local' perspective for better understanding and impact (including content localization).
- Connect with and help identify external training partners in Japan, as per existing requirements.
- Act as a thought partner to the Singapore Hub Director to develop execution strategies in alignment with employee and business needs.
- Consult with and solicit the feedback of Asia Pacific and Latin America HR Business Partners to improve the usage and adoption of solutions.
- Manage programs including records on Nike University (NikeU) and coordinate sessions - both classroom and virtual - for Asia Pacific and Latin America employees.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 4 years' experience and knowledge in learning and development domain: specifically adult learning theories, training facilitation, program evaluation and learning techniques.
- Minimum 3 years' facilitating to all levels of employees from entry level to senior leadership in a comparable organization.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with HR Business Partners, business leaders and external partners.
- Able to blend learning solutions (digital, classroom etc.) in a way that appeals to the learner base resulting in higher adoption and enabling shifts in learner behavior and organizational culture.
- Comfortable working with and managing a high level of complexity in a dynamic work environment with diverse teams across functions and geographies.
- Fluency in Japanese and English (minimum TOEIC 800+) is required. Additional language capability in one or more Asian language would be an advantage.